[A14] Colony Manager

Started by Fluffy (l2032), November 18, 2015, 06:20:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

notfood

It works! Thank you. I'm learning how to use it now. Everything seems to work fine.

Fluffy (l2032)

skullywag

ooooomnomnomnomnom tasty mod.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Vee

Yes, thanks, that works now. Many thanks for the fast fix!

NastyBear

Hey Hey,

I downloaded and generally seems to work in A13.  Namely, successful hunting designations and follow through in specific region.  Same for forestry, build items, taming, and foraging.

After playing for a few hours I started thinking of ways a better manager score might be leveraged:

- Better organized stockpiles?  With similar items adjacent. Perhaps even increased item limit in a stack because of organizational skills?
- FIFO - first in first out or use up shortest time remaining till rotten for food and other decaying items automatically.
- Bonuses for teams working on tasks together, i.e. more than one worker doing the same task gives more efficient task completion - 1+1 = 3?  Certainly, something I've seen in working in teams together.
- Coupling to pawn personality traits, i.e ability to ignore or be extra susceptible to specific personality traits (flirt or abrasive)?
- Perhaps skills researched at the manager table by the particular manager? e.g. "Reading Management Books" (i.e. sub research tree but for individuals only - skill tree)

Overall a very useful mod.  Just some thoughts!

Reko

so i need to start a new game to use this mod? i cant just load it in my normal game? or can i load it in my game then create a new save? then load that one?

Fluffy (l2032)

What we mean by starting a new game is to start a new colony. It simply means it won't work with existing savegames. Usually this is because something is added that can not easily be taken in or out of the game, in this case a new work skill 'managing', and some other tidbits.

Dryparn

Hey

I think I have found a bug.
I set make stone blocks to marble and granit and set the max to 500. It ended with both being over 1000 while still manufacturing more.
It looked as it was checking for sandstone, even though it was unchecked, as the treshold was 20/500 and I indeed had 20 sandstone in my stores.

Lumaan

Quote from: Dryparn on April 10, 2016, 07:40:59 AM
Hey

I set make stone blocks to marble and granit and set the max to 500. It ended with both being over 1000 while still manufacturing more.
It looked as it was checking for sandstone, even though it was unchecked, as the treshold was 20/500 and I indeed had 20 sandstone in my stores.
I ran into it yesterday to. Right side panel don't change the stone type, so inside the number it's always the first stone type on the list. You can make it work by clicking on the number (20/500) and change the stone type in there.

Dryparn

Quote from: Lumaan on April 10, 2016, 08:11:52 AM
Quote from: Dryparn on April 10, 2016, 07:40:59 AM
Hey

I ran into it yesterday to. Right side panel don't change the stone type, so inside the number it's always the first stone type on the list. You can make it work by clicking on the number (20/500) and change the stone type in there.

Thanks, i'll use that workaround!

Fluffy (l2032)

I noticed that as well during my current playthrough - like Lumaan mentioned, the trigger doesn't default to the correct type of block. This is to be expected, as the vanilla recipe has outcomes dependent on the inputs. (In fact, what you're actually doing is slaughtering blocks...).

I'll make it default to the whole block category - if you want to limit it to a specific type either use the stone cutting tweaks (if/when it's updated - it's what I do), or set the trigger manually.

DestroyX

as awesome as the mod is so far, i ran into a few small problems.

namely, the forestry designation works as far as it marks trees all the time, however, even tho i have 1500+ wood it still shows 0 in storage and 381 expected from designations.
so basically, its just turning it on or off, and not automatic at all.
any idea what could cause that?

next one is hunting.
same stuff, it doesnt show any meat in my storage, even tho there is some there.
and it doesnt seem to mark any animals at all.

halp :D

Vee

Quote from: Dodging Rain on November 23, 2015, 04:19:25 PM
I'm fairly sure that I am doing something wrong but I am getting a strange problem with the production tab.  I have the manager have two sculpture tables produce 25 sculpture each to hit the threshold up to 50 sculpture total which is fine.  However, I ed up with repetitive orders for the same thing over time.

Yes I know this is a bit dated, the issue is still present though (at github). And I have the same/similar thing happen to me.
Did you delete and add bills manually after starting the management by the mod?

V

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: DestroyX on April 11, 2016, 06:39:26 AM
as awesome as the mod is so far, i ran into a few small problems.

namely, the forestry designation works as far as it marks trees all the time, however, even tho i have 1500+ wood it still shows 0 in storage and 381 expected from designations.
so basically, its just turning it on or off, and not automatic at all.
any idea what could cause that?

next one is hunting.
same stuff, it doesnt show any meat in my storage, even tho there is some there.
and it doesnt seem to mark any animals at all.

halp :D
I can't reproduce this. One thing that I should mention is that the manager uses the in-game resource counter, so only stuff that is actually in a stockpile gets counted. (Otherwise I'd have to re-scan the entire map a hell of a lot, which would start becoming quite a massive load on CPU with a few jobs enabled).

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: Vee on April 11, 2016, 09:31:54 AM
Quote from: Dodging Rain on November 23, 2015, 04:19:25 PM
I'm fairly sure that I am doing something wrong but I am getting a strange problem with the production tab.  I have the manager have two sculpture tables produce 25 sculpture each to hit the threshold up to 50 sculpture total which is fine.  However, I ed up with repetitive orders for the same thing over time.

Yes I know this is a bit dated, the issue is still present though (at github). And I have the same/similar thing happen to me.
Did you delete and add bills manually after starting the management by the mod?

V
It's still around because I've never been able to reproduce. But as luck would have it, this is the reason the manager is logging (excessively). Could you please sent me an output_log from the game as soon as you next notice this happening? It's probably going to be massive, so a (zipped) attachment would be great.