[A14] Colony Manager

Started by Fluffy (l2032), November 18, 2015, 06:20:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vee

Here is the logfile (attached to the post) and here (imgur) is what I get ingame, when it really starts going...

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Fluffy (l2032)

Thanks a bunch, I'll have a proper look tomorrow.

Cheet4h

I think I found a problem when loading savegames:

When a forestry order is given while the default areas are present and later on one of the areas is deleted, the game will not load anymore.

I gave a forestry order, but can't remember actually setting the default "Area 1" to be used in that order.
Later on, I deleted "Area 1" since I didn't use it anyway. Then, when trying to load the game this evening, I came upon an error upon loading the game. The log contains the lines:

Exception from asynchronous event: System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.

Parameter name: key

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[RimWorld.Area,System.Boolean].Add (RimWorld.Area key, Boolean value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at FluffyManager.ManagerJob_Forestry.ExposeData () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.PostLoadInitter.DoAllPostLoadInits () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.MapIniter_LoadFromFile.InitMapFromFile (System.String fileName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.RootMap.<Init>m__513 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.LongEventHandler.RunEventFromAnotherThread (System.Action action) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Checking the savegame in N++ I found the following lines in <li Class="FluffyManager.ManagerJob_Forestry">:

<ClearAreas_allowed>
    <li>True</li>
    <li>False</li>
</ClearAreas_allowed>
<ClearAreas_areas>
    <li>Area_Home</li>
    <li>Area_Named_Area 1</li>
</ClearAreas_areas>

And after removing the "Area_Named_Area 1" and "False" lines, the game loads again.

Fluffy (l2032)

good catch, thanks! I'll look into it.

ttr

Hey Fluffy,
Great mod but found two small issues:
- power statistics are shown w/o having advanced (computerised) desk
- power statistics do not count correctly disconnected (using power button) devices. Not sure if this might be because I'm using "PowerSwitch" mod (one that adds auto-functions to each button).
Those are non issues but just mentioning them.
Also, is it possible to add "Forever" condition? Currently tasks that have unknown outcome (eg. butchering) can be only triggered from workstation only. Otherwise, can we filter those from manager list ?
Thx.

Vee

Quote from: ttr on April 12, 2016, 03:16:32 PM
Hey Fluffy,
Great mod but found two small issues:
- power statistics are shown w/o having advanced (computerised) desk
- power statistics do not count correctly disconnected (using power button) devices. Not sure if this might be because I'm using "PowerSwitch" mod (one that adds auto-functions to each button).
Those are non issues but just mentioning them.
Also, is it possible to add "Forever" condition? Currently tasks that have unknown outcome (eg. butchering) can be only triggered from workstation only. Otherwise, can we filter those from manager list ?
Thx.
I change the trigger not to supply a certain amount of meat, but to trigger the bill, when the resources needed for it (i.e. corpses) are present. Basically a "do forever" but only present in the tables, when really something is there to be processed.

Maybe that feature needs a little more explanation how it works? I found it by accident when playing around with triggering on several goods...

Fluffy (l2032)

@Vee, that's what I also do in my own games.
@ttr, in a perfect world, I should make that feature...

as it is, I feel it's a bit niche, and the situations where it's useful are easy (perhaps easier) to handle with the vanilla bill settings. It's certainly something to put on my list, but for now I have other things on my plate (both modding and otherwise) that I feel deserve more attention.

witchyspoon

Is there any possibility, that only the 'livestock' part of the manager could be made into a smaller mod? Like with all the butcher/tame options but without the rest of the manager options etc..? A simple auto-butcher/ livestock managment mod so to speak. I couldn't find any similar mods for auto butchering and the option in the manager works really great for me, it's the only one I use though, so a smaller version would be really convenient ..;D  Or maybe someone knows of another mod that does the same? Anyway, I love your mods Fluffy! Thanks for making our Rimworld so much more awesome! :D

Vee

I have some more logs for you to peruse Fluffy: Github issue

I hope it really is "only" the Manager Mod throwing exceptions/making problems, as there are quite some other mods involved. (stacktrace at least shows the Manager involved.) ^^;

goonygoogoo

Not sure if im just being stupid but whenever i create a production job the sub jobs for ingredients are always set at the same threshold(always way too many of whatever is required), I thought it would only create a job to supply the required ingredients. Am i missing something?

siralexlaw

Out of curiosity is this supposed to replace the priority system? Like can I leave it on auto priorities or is it still best to setup manual priorities? Thanks.

Qlmmb2086

Could you set it up so that you can choose training for animals by adults/pups, the way you can for zone restrictions? Right now if I want to train up an army of wargs, I can't use Manager to train them, because the pups will be automatically trained in Obedience and assigned a master before they're ready to fight.

Jakub k.

cool mod!
other than it makes my laptop lag and force windows to close down,its fine!

Lumaan

Quote from: Qlmmb2086 on April 22, 2016, 04:46:15 PM
Could you set it up so that you can choose training for animals by adults/pups, the way you can for zone restrictions? Right now if I want to train up an army of wargs, I can't use Manager to train them, because the pups will be automatically trained in Obedience and assigned a master before they're ready to fight.
If you use Fluffy's "Enhanced Tabs" you can change the master of your animals to non master, and then avoid them getting in to fight before they are ready.

witchyspoon

Quote from: Lumaan on April 22, 2016, 05:43:48 PM
Quote from: Qlmmb2086 on April 22, 2016, 04:46:15 PM
If you use Fluffy's "Enhanced Tabs" you can change the master of your animals to non master, and then avoid them getting in to fight before they are ready.

as far as I know you can set master to "none" without enhanced tabs too