[A14] Colony Manager

Started by Fluffy (l2032), November 18, 2015, 06:20:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumaan

Quote from: spoonshortage on April 22, 2016, 09:06:15 PM
Quote from: Lumaan on April 22, 2016, 05:43:48 PM
Quote from: Qlmmb2086 on April 22, 2016, 04:46:15 PM
Could you set it up so that you can choose training for animals by adults/pups, the way you can for zone restrictions? Right now if I want to train up an army of wargs, I can't use Manager to train them, because the pups will be automatically trained in Obedience and assigned a master before they're ready to fight.
If you use Fluffy's "Enhanced Tabs" you can change the master of your animals to non master, and then avoid them getting in to fight before they are ready.

as far as I know you can set master to "none" without enhanced tabs too
Nice, didn't know. I'm a mod junkie so rarely play without mods.

Fluffy (l2032)

Could you set it up so that you can choose training for animals by adults/pups, the way you can for zone restrictions? Right now if I want to train up an army of wargs, I can't use Manager to train them, because the pups will be automatically trained in Obedience and assigned a master before they're ready to fight.
Huh, I thought I squashed that bug. It's supposed to only train what is actually allowed for the current lifestage. I'll get on it.

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: siralexlaw on April 18, 2016, 01:52:01 PM
Out of curiosity is this supposed to replace the priority system? Like can I leave it on auto priorities or is it still best to setup manual priorities? Thanks.
Nope. I would like to do something like that, but it's not possible without completely rewriting the way the game handles jobs. Since that would pretty much screw all other mods over, it's never going to happen. As it is, priority does two things;
- it determines the order in which managers will update jobs (so jobs at the bottom will be updated last)
- it determines the order in which jobs are placed on workstations (but this only applies for single workstations, pawns may still decide to bugger off and do something completely different.)

Qlmmb2086

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on April 23, 2016, 03:37:15 PM
Huh, I thought I squashed that bug. It's supposed to only train what is actually allowed for the current lifestage. I'll get on it.
Oh, I don't think it's a bug; the Wargs are only being trained in Obedience and Release until they become adults, where they get Rescue and Haul. Just a feature request, really; I'd like to be able to disable them being trained in Obedience until they become adults.

Basically, if I use the colony manager to train my wargs, then the pups get trained in Obedience and Release before they're ready to participate in fights, so I have to go back and find each one and remove their master, and then after they become adults find them again and reassign a master. Once you're up to around 20 warg pups or so, it becomes the sort of micromanagement the mod is supposed to stop!

It would also be useful for food animals you also have trained as haulers (boars) because if you ticked the "don't butcher trained animals" checkbox as well, it would butcher piglets that come of age when you have the number of haulers you want, whereas now, the piglets get trained before they're old enough to be butchered, so you can't have it automatically train boars up to your limit and butcher the rest.

Great mod, by the way; my HAL9000 monolith makes my colony run much smoother, and has only murdered a few humans so far!  ;D

Voron

Is it maybe possible to set a Skill Cap? there are a few things i would love to make my colonists do to get their skills better, but it just ends up a general time waste because the pawns that are already level 20 are doing it,

Also not sure if it's a specific bug thanks to your mod (got a few running), but I got a Pawn whom is incapable of Cooking, whom is actually doing cooking, noticed the same with same with someone Hauling while incapable, Hauling ain't a Bug but a Feature :P but Cooking I would rather have done by those I specified :D

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: Qlmmb2086 on April 23, 2016, 04:32:21 PM
Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on April 23, 2016, 03:37:15 PM
Oh, I don't think it's a bug; the Wargs are only being trained in Obedience and Release until they become adults, where they get Rescue and Haul. Just a feature request, really; I'd like to be able to disable them being trained in Obedience until they become adults.

Basically, if I use the colony manager to train my wargs, then the pups get trained in Obedience and Release before they're ready to participate in fights, so I have to go back and find each one and remove their master, and then after they become adults find them again and reassign a master. Once you're up to around 20 warg pups or so, it becomes the sort of micromanagement the mod is supposed to stop!

It would also be useful for food animals you also have trained as haulers (boars) because if you ticked the "don't butcher trained animals" checkbox as well, it would butcher piglets that come of age when you have the number of haulers you want, whereas now, the piglets get trained before they're old enough to be butchered, so you can't have it automatically train boars up to your limit and butcher the rest.

Great mod, by the way; my HAL9000 monolith makes my colony run much smoother, and has only murdered a few humans so far!  ;D

Ah, right, I misunderstood. Sounds like a good idea! And thanks, glad you're enjoying it ;)

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: Voron on April 23, 2016, 07:27:46 PM
Is it maybe possible to set a Skill Cap? there are a few things i would love to make my colonists do to get their skills better, but it just ends up a general time waste because the pawns that are already level 20 are doing it,
Not really - the manager uses only the vanilla functions, and adds a small layer on top. This, like specifying specific pawns for a job, would mean messing with actual bill code - something I'm a bit reluctant about. It's possible though, and might be something I'll do later.

Quote from: Voron on April 23, 2016, 07:27:46 PM
Also not sure if it's a specific bug thanks to your mod (got a few running), but I got a Pawn whom is incapable of Cooking, whom is actually doing cooking, noticed the same with same with someone Hauling while incapable, Hauling ain't a Bug but a Feature :P but Cooking I would rather have done by those I specified :D
That's unlike to be this mod, for the same reason as above - this mod doesn't actually change anything in the underlying job code.

Voron

Ok Thanks, i kinda tossed my bug along, possibly an answer would come it doesn't bother me much So i cannot be too bothered to track it down

Shame the skill cap isn't feasible :( oh well

Fluffy (l2032)

Thanks for the bug report anyway, I'd rather have a few unrelated reports than actually miss something I can fix. Turns out another bug (10 jobs in 1 tick error) was actually also related to another bug in my mod (duplicating bills), so I might just be wrong anyway :P. I really, really doubt it in this case though :P.

As for the skill cap, I might still do that, together with a restriction on which pawns are allowed to use a table/do a job. That is, if the guy who did the mod for worktable restrictions doesn't update his soonish ;). I'm always open to suggestions, so please do keep posting any you may have.

Fluffy (l2032)

I've taken some time to resolve some lingering issues, and thanks to some excellent bug reports by valuial, I've finally been able to solve the duplicating bills bug that's been haunting me since forever. Yay!

updated with 0.13.0.3;

- fixed bug with duplicating bills (finally, thanks valuial for the reports/logs!)
    + loaded games may still throw a few errors, but the problem should auto-resolve itself
    + turned off (excessive logging as it is hopefully no longer needed).
- fixed sporadic error with lifestock training when no training targets where available
- fixed bug with forestry clear area scribing
    + follow instructions in forum thread to solve the problem in existing saves
- added toggle for training young animals
- fixed power display for buildings that are off
- refactored the code for visibility of power tab (now requires research AND a currently powered manager table/AI station)
- changed default threshold filter for vanilla stonecutting job to entire stone blocks category
    + only applies for new jobs, existing jobs should be manually changed/recreated.

DAOWAce

Any way to subscribe on Github for update notifications?

Checked the releases page and saw the mod's been updated twice since its initial release, but the changelog here doesn't have any notices that there's been updates to the mod since the initial A13 release.

I see you've just posted the notes for it, but it's very hard to rely on new posts to threads for update news, especially if you subscribe to 20+ threads with daily e-mails, so I generally just check the main page of mods for update news.

Wish there was a better setup for mods.  Steam Workshop would resolve this, but, well, the game's still not yet come to Steam despite the numerous requests for it over the last year.

Vee

Quote from: DAOWAce on April 24, 2016, 05:46:46 PM
Any way to subscribe on Github for update notifications?

Checked the releases page and saw the mod's been updated twice since its initial release, but the changelog here doesn't have any notices that there's been updates to the mod since the initial A13 release.

I see you've just posted the notes for it, but it's very hard to rely on new posts to threads for update news, especially if you subscribe to 20+ threads with daily e-mails, so I generally just check the main page of mods for update news.

Wish there was a better setup for mods.  Steam Workshop would resolve this, but, well, the game's still not yet come to Steam despite the numerous requests for it over the last year.
I don't think you can get messages just for new releases on github, but you can watch the project (when logged in, there is a button for it on the top right). Not sure if you want this though, as you then also get notifications about new issues and pull requests and so forth.

hwfanatic

I really enjoy your mod, especially the power manager.

Is there any benefit to installing FluffyOS if I only use this functionality? What does it add?

Fluffy (l2032)

The powered worktable allows opening the power tab, and makes performing managing jobs faster, so a single pawn can work through the list faster.

The AI table also allows opening the power tab, and needs no pawn interaction at all.

hwfanatic

But I can access the power manager with a powered table and just basic software, without an operator. WAI?