[A14] Colony Manager

Started by Fluffy (l2032), November 18, 2015, 06:20:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grogfeld

Fluffy, how do you calculate amount of stuff to produce? I'm asking because I noticed that bills with higher output for example Combat Realism now produce 500 ammo in one batch, can actually not be performed when threshold is set below this number. I made a bill request in manager to maintain 150 of one type of ammo, and I think it should add one job when amount of it drops below that number, right? Even in Manager Tab it say "threshold 34/150". I noticed that in A12 and it isn't big issue but just want some clarity.

Fluffy (l2032)

hmm, well it's calculating the amount of jobs needed to produce the required amount - which in this case should be 1. But I suppose it's possible it's rounding down instead of up, I'll have a look later.

LittleMikey

Quote from: hwfanatic on April 30, 2016, 10:39:40 AM
I really enjoy your mod, especially the power manager.

Is there any benefit to installing FluffyOS if I only use this functionality? What does it add?

What's FluffyOS? I can't find mention of that anywhere.

Commander Blackwatch

Fluffy This is very impressive and Helpful mod
Keep a Excellent Work :D

Review:
Production : Great
Errors : Few [Good]
options : Great
Hunting : Great and you can allowed or not allowed hunting some animals like bear or polar bear
Forestry : Great
livestock : Great

Rate
98/100

PS: Keep a Excellent work :D
"When we hunt, we kill!
No one is safe!
Nothing is sacred!
We are Blackwatch!
We are the last line of defense!
We will burn our own to hold the red line,
it is the last line to ever hold!"
―The Blackwatch

hwfanatic

Quote from: LittleMikey on May 07, 2016, 01:37:26 AM
What's FluffyOS? I can't find mention of that anywhere.
The AI manager (building) "comes with FluffyOS pre-installed". :-) It keeps your manager idle.

My point was, you don't need the AI manager if you are using the mod only to monitor power. It is a cool looking super computer, though.

Igabod

Cougars don't show up on the hunting list but the manager auto designates them to be hunted which resulted in a serious injury for my hunter. I'm on the temperate biome. Other than that the mod seems to be working just fine. It's not the easiest thing to figure out how to set everything up at first but that's just because it's so complex and is to be expected. I gotta say I'm loving this mod and would love to see it added into the vanilla game at some point. Good work Fluffy! :)

Nibiru1221

First off to the author of this mod.. YOU ARE AMAZING! Great work "REALLY".. and I saw you said you were going to add more for power but I would like to make a request... it looks like you're a very detailed person and that's exactly what this would require but if we had a detailed list showing all our existing power needs and our available power.

I know the list will get crazy long but if we had a type of spread sheet with collapsible categories showing each or our powered devices and how much power each one needs then all those added together to show the whole bases total power need then also all our generators and how much power their generating then our whole bases total generated power, then subtracting the total power need from total power generating to show our total power available. This would be so helpful in knowing if any devices were damaged or causing power related problems or maybe a power conduit was faulty. Wish we could have advanced warning for those damn 'ZZZT' events.. Hate those!!

I've been playing Rimworld for over a year and was always surprised no one ever made a power management type mod.. Since so much of our base management requires power and being blind to the detail of knowing how much power our whole base is needing was really awkward... So, Just 3 hours ago I finally posted on Reddit asking if someone could make a mod for this same request I just asked... and someone there referred me to you cause your mod has some power info... so anyway.. I'm looking forward to using your mod for all the great info it already has.

P.S. --- My only gripe.... BOOOO!! That we have to create a new game to use this !! :(
>>> Maybe someone knows a way to edit the save file to add this mod to an existing game?

hwfanatic

It adds a new skill called managing. I guess you could technically edit the save game to accommodate for this, but you may find it tedious.

The mod itself lists just about everything you need to know about managing power. To calculate how much power you need, use maximum consumption in kW, subtract base load production (geothermal and reactors; also listed) and multiply it by 3, then divide it by either 1.7 for solar panels or 3 for wind turbines. This will keep your batteries at 50% on average (wind turbines are harder to predict, though).

For example: if you are using 13.6 kW and have 1 geothermal, you need 17 solar panels or 10 wind turbines to keep 10 batteries around or above 50% on average, giving you half a day worth of juice until panic mode. Having backup fueled generators help extend this time in case of very calm weather or eclipse (depending on which one has more effect on your production).

Oh, and everybody hates the short circuit event, but with some backups and redundancy, I think it's balanced. Solar flares on the other hand you cannot do anything about. :-(

kendrome

I wrote a quick c# program that will load a save and automatically add the new Managing skill. It'll ask you to save it to a new file so it doesn't have to overwrite your current one just in case. This way you don't have to start a new save!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B33dd5TmgFZoemhXRVlpLUNzdE0/view?usp=sharing

Quote from: Grogfeld on May 01, 2016, 01:28:36 PM
Fluffy, how do you calculate amount of stuff to produce? I'm asking because I noticed that bills with higher output for example Combat Realism now produce 500 ammo in one batch, can actually not be performed when threshold is set below this number. I made a bill request in manager to maintain 150 of one type of ammo, and I think it should add one job when amount of it drops below that number, right? Even in Manager Tab it say "threshold 34/150". I noticed that in A12 and it isn't big issue but just want some clarity.

I had a thought on this the other day.  It would be nice if there were two points for thresholds.  A start point (lower value) and a stop point (higher value).  For example, make simple meals 20/30 would start making meals when it dropped below 20 and keep making meals until it reached 30.  I find it a tiny bit of a nuisance for my pawns to stop working on something to run and make one or two meals.  This would allow for smoother work flow in my opinion.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.