[A14] Colony Manager

Started by Fluffy (l2032), November 18, 2015, 06:20:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fluffy (l2032)

The biggest difference that I know of is the actual software you run on it. So, with the basic desk you don't have a computer and thus cannot run any software. With the standard desk you can run management software to monitor power, for example. The AI one has the most advanced software that doesn't require operators (managers) but can occasionally develop self-awareness to add a few flavour events to your game.

Pretty much perfect. The desk with a PC is also faster, so pawns waste less time managing. Those flavour events are really just a bit of flavour text in the description at the moment, theres no actual bad things that can happen. I promise. Really.

No but seriously, adding such events takes a large amount of time. I'd love to do it, but there's just so much stuff still on my plate.

Drusek

I have a suggestion: to allow to unrestrict forbidden corpses and items. For example when animal dies for some reason somewhere I want the manager to unrestrict it so my pawn will bring it. Or a supply drops somewhere. Or someone dies somewhere and leaves items on the ground.

eberkain

Quote from: Drusek on July 28, 2016, 11:47:57 AM
I have a suggestion: to allow to unrestrict forbidden corpses and items. For example when animal dies for some reason somewhere I want the manager to unrestrict it so my pawn will bring it. Or a supply drops somewhere. Or someone dies somewhere and leaves items on the ground.

I'm pretty sure there is already a setting to unrestrict animal corpses in the hunting job.

Drusek

Quote from: eberkain on July 28, 2016, 11:56:14 AM
Quote from: Drusek on July 28, 2016, 11:47:57 AM

I'm pretty sure there is already a setting to unrestrict animal corpses in the hunting job.

It actually never unrestricted any animal corpse for me. But I only have 2 animals selected - not all - don't want to hunt all the animals.

Delerium76

For some reason when I have work orders set up in the colony manager, I have several issues:

1. Old, finished work orders are never cleared, so if you have a work order to maintain a certain amount, you end up with a bunch of copies in the workbench.

2. Re-scans of work orders don't function correctly in my game.  If I have 10 simple meals, and I have a work order to make 100, when it scans the list it adds a job at the kitchen to make 90 simple meals.  That part is fine.  As time passes my cook makes 10 of those meals bringing me up to 20.  When the work orders get re-scanned, for some reason it ADDS another work order for 80.  Firstly it doesn't bother checking if it already has an unfinished order and just setting that one to the correct amount.  It just creates a new work order for however many I would need at that time to hit threshold.  Is my game broken or is this how it's supposed to function?

Stealth103

With only the Core and the Colony Manager loaded the character tab is getting cut off in my game.  Thought it might have been due to having some other mod loaded, but I ended up unloading everything and just using the Colony Manager along with the Core and I was still having the issue.

Tried with with the Core, CCL, CCL Vanilla Tweaks and Colony Manager as well, same thing.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Fluffy (l2032)

@stealth; known issue, will not fix soon as I consider it low prio.
@delerium; that's odd, looks like it's not recognizing it's own jobs. Haven't had that issue in a while. Could you send me your output_Log.txt and save file?

papu

hi

thanks for making this mod and i have been enjoying it so far unfortunately i ran into some problem wherein if you set your quality threshold it doesnt detect the correct number

below i have set the threshold to 0% to 0% and it still detects my other jackets, i have tried different values for different clothing but the threshold doesnt budge from 2/2. fortunately quality works fine

any help?

Delerium76

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on July 29, 2016, 04:04:45 AM
@stealth; known issue, will not fix soon as I consider it low prio.
@delerium; that's odd, looks like it's not recognizing it's own jobs. Haven't had that issue in a while. Could you send me your output_Log.txt and save file?
Can't figure out how to find/get a log file, and I since the problem happened I had to wipe out all of my build orders in the manager.  I'm running other mods, so maybe it's an interaction with one of those?  Either way, I don't have a save file that shows the active problem.  Sorry.

moumix

Hey Fluffy,

I made a pull request on Github to add tech levels + gating to your researches for this mod. Feel free to take it, take part of it, or not care at all (although tech levels should definitely be added to avoid the "Undefined" tech level for basic managing software) ;)

Fluffy (l2032)

Thanks kaptain, Moumix3. I've added both your contributions!

Stewydeadmike

I seem to be having trouble getting my chef to follow the chain of Butchering creatures then making meals. Instead he just makes meals even if there are fresh animal corpses and zero meat in my stockpile. I set the butcher creature bill at the highest priority and the threshold to the max yet he still just ignores the bill. The only way I can get him to butcher is if I force him to do it manually or suspend all the other bills.

Is this a bug or am I just missing something?

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Stewydeadmike on August 03, 2016, 12:35:40 PM
I seem to be having trouble getting my chef to follow the chain of Butchering creatures then making meals. Instead he just makes meals even if there are fresh animal corpses and zero meat in my stockpile. I set the butcher creature bill at the highest priority and the threshold to the max yet he still just ignores the bill. The only way I can get him to butcher is if I force him to do it manually or suspend all the other bills.

Unless you are using Fluffy worktabs is there a way to prioritize butchering over cooking with colony manager?

Stewydeadmike

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on August 03, 2016, 12:46:16 PM

Unless you are using Fluffy worktabs is there a way to prioritize butchering over cooking with colony manager?
In the production tab I set the butchering bill to be on top, but I guess that it still gets overridden by cooking but I'll try worktabs to try and see if it works now

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Stewydeadmike on August 03, 2016, 01:16:11 PM
Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on August 03, 2016, 12:46:16 PM

In the production tab I set the butchering bill to be on top, but I guess that it still gets overridden by cooking but I'll try worktabs to try and see if it works now

Don't forget, you'll have to use the Dwarf Therapist mode.