Hold Fire

Started by Livingston I Presume, November 18, 2015, 11:09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Livingston I Presume

When people are drafted, can we have a "hold fire" button.  So they won't shoot at anything?  So many incidents can be avoided from having this.

REMworlder

This would be great instead of having to mash the draft button all the time. Besides, sometimes a bayonet charge is needed to run down fleeing attackers and a hold fire button would be great for that instead of having to micro colonists

Livingston I Presume

I'm no programmer but it doesn't sound that hard to implement, and very useful.  Certainly sounds more practical than "Self-reproducing, spreading underground insect hives" (Though I still am very interested to see how these play out)

NuclearStudent

Austupaio

Yeah, colonists can make some poor decisions regarding firing solutions (I'll bet I can hit that pirate standing in front of my buddy, if I just spray my LMG around his head!) and a Hold Fire option would be a nice addition. Particularly in situations where you might have colonists armed with destructive weapons, such as grenades.

Limdood

micromanaging grenades is just the worst...

grenades have caused about a 3 to 1 ratio of friendly deaths vs. opponent deaths in all my games combined (this counts both player and computer thrown grenades...colonist killing colonist or pirate killing pirate are both friendly deaths)

NuclearStudent

Quote from: Limdood on November 21, 2015, 02:50:54 PM
micromanaging grenades is just the worst...

grenades have caused about a 3 to 1 ratio of friendly deaths vs. opponent deaths in all my games combined (this counts both player and computer thrown grenades...colonist killing colonist or pirate killing pirate are both friendly deaths)

Totally. Funnily enough, I think I've seen dozens of raider-on-raider kills and cripples... and I've lost two or three colonists to enemy nades.

Livingston I Presume

Nades are the greatest against late game tribal assaults though