[Hardcore SK] Petrochemical Plant Error

Started by Selvi_Wolf, November 18, 2015, 11:26:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Selvi_Wolf

So I've built a petrochemical plant but it seems my people can't interact with it. The interaction circle seems to be partially inside the plant and I'm trying to figure out how to fix it. I was forwarded here from: https://www.reddit.com/r/RimWorld/comments/3q9rml/hardcore_sk_petrochemical_plant_not_working/
This thread tells me to "Go to the forums." and that "someone there that has an updated xml file that will move it.". I searched this forum and I can't seem to find it so I figured i'd plead for help on my own.

Someone later inserts in that thread;
"I found the file and what needed to be edited (just so it can be found here in the future):
Mods\Tech_SK\Defs\ThingDefs\Buldings_Production_Tech.xml
Under the <label>Petrochemical plant</label> find the line with: <interactionCellOffset>(0,0,-1)</interactionCellOffset>
edit it to the correct value, which is:
<interactionCellOffset>(0,0,-2)</interactionCellOffset>
Save and restart game, and voilá, it is working!"

My problem with this is I have no idea how to do this. I double-clicked the .xml file and it opened in IE, then I was able to press "f12" to open the console to edit it, I located the value specified and changed it to "-2" but I don't know how to save it. When I press "enter" after changing the value it changes in the console and also in the page, but when I reload it or close it then re-open it the value has reverted to "-1". I have no idea how this works and would very much appreciate some help!

------------
IMAGES
------------
(I included everything, for those who try to access where reddit is blocked)
Image of plant in place

Image of plant with power attached and resources ready

First response to Reddit Post

Response that includes file name

Code before I change it

Code after I change it

Alistaire

Open the .XML file with a text editor like notepad, change the line and save.