[A12] Outfitters Workbench

Started by troedl, November 19, 2015, 03:44:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troedl

Outfitters Workbench

Description:
The mod adds the M24 Sniper Rifle (in three versions) a camouflage bandana and a Ghillie Suit,( Hood and Suit ) to the game which is balanced ingame (texture, sound, stats).
All can be crafted at the Outfitters Workbench

Sub Topic
It is my first mod so the texture is not that good and I will try to improve myself and add more weapons and maybe some clothing to the mod.
If you are so kind you can give me criticism so I get feedback.

Author/Mod Team
troedl

Download
http://www.nexusmods.com/rimworld/mods/98/?

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

License:
You may include this in other works, contact me for permission for anything else.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Stinkycat752

Isn't that what the default Sniper Rifle was?
Abomination Imagination

SlimeCrusher

At first i thought this mod changed the sniper rifle's name to M24 like it originally was called :P

I haven't downloaded yet but sounds rather nice for a first mod, good job!
I suggest you reduce the size of the texture, 300x300 is a bit excesive for a small weapon, i used to believe 64x64 was more than enough for a weapon, but i suggest 128x128 instead, it gives you enough room to make a nice-looking weapon without wasting much pixels. I also suggest you use vanilla projectile textures and scale them using <drawSize> instead (saw your bullet texture, oh god it even has the casing still on it, but the rifle is awesome!).
BTW, change your bullet's defName to something else, right now it's conflicting with the survival rifle's bullet and makes it horrendously OP.

troedl

Wow thanks for the good feedback!

@Stinkycat752 :  No it is not a re-texture of the default Sniper rifle, but it looks really similar.
@SlimeCrusher :  Thanks for the tips i will rework the mod!

troedl

There is a new version of this post with all my work, including the workbench. :)

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=16931.msg183179#msg183179