[WIP] Rimworld: New Vegas *ALPHA COMING SOON*

Started by moesboy, August 08, 2015, 09:05:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moesboy

How it Started/Why I need help:
Hello!,
My name is Moesboy and a few months ago I started playing RimWord sporadically on my brothers computer and out of boredom one day ended up starting a ambitious fallout mod (It was screaming for one), not owning the game and not living with my brother anymore I stopped developing and a mix of being busy and limited coding knowledge have stopped me from continuing but I want to see the mod made.
So I am looking for someone to come on as lead coder and interim (possibly permanent) project head for the few months I am still busy with work (I will still be involved until then though). Looking for someone with previous mod experience if possible. Also looking for other coders and artists to help PM me if interested.
More Info Below.

Without further adieu here is the mod:

RIMWORLD: NEW VEGAS

Apart from adding several items and weapons from Fallout NewVegas, the mod focuses on building your way up after arriving in the wasteland in the 2280's. It adds a level of difficulty by making you research your way up through different tiers of infrastructure, eg. power generation, you start with a car battery and some small solar cells and have to work your way up to vault generators and large efficient batteries. Same with cooking, crafting, building and more.

~95% of all the items below I have working in an outdated version.

Weapons
Most guns have all the correct sounds from fallout, and custom projectiles.

CONSUMABLES

BUILDINGS AND OTHER

Future Plans:
-More Weapons and Consumables
-Clothing
-Items and incorporating items into building and item recipes (e.g homemade weapons like Rock-It Launcher)
-Update Textures where needed
-Largely expanded tech tree
-New Factions
-Shift economy from silver to caps (silver will just be a resource)
-Updated/more traders, possible based on tech tree/radio level
-AND MORE!

*Far on down the road I plan to incorporate items, factions etc from other fallout games (Possibly as different mods or storytellers(?))

Feel free to leave a comment and I will get back to you as soon as I can

*MORE INFO FOR PEEPS INTERESTED IN DEVELOPING*

As stated above I am looking for coders and artists and one coder to take command.

The current state of the mod is that most items shown above work in an outdated version of rimworld, The guns and food could easily be updated and made into the first release, leaving out the buildings except the turrets. The first/lead coder would do this, as well as further develop the mod, I will send them all of my work. I am mainly interested in doing mostly artwork after that, as well have a say in what to do with the mod next (very much a group thing though).

If you are interested send me a message and I will get back to you asap.

Thanks!
-Moesboy

Berengar

Wonderfull!
Will send your later an pack with some  armors. (Vault, Vaultarmor, metalarmor, basic BoS)
Only problem would be, that my artstyle is a bit diffrent than yours, so maybe you should rework them a bit in your style.

I could program the stuff into rimworld.. but when i would say we take a cub of coffee, place us in an teamspeak an disscuse a bit over the projekt.

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Danzarlo

AshbornK9

Hey, Im the author of Project Fallout, which is an already released Fallout mod for rimworld, it was released about 2 weeks before this post, so you must've missed it and since I am the main coder for it, if you want I we can combine our mods so to speak. If you can do textures, I can supply the code to back it up. Currently I have 27 weapons and an implant in my version, so we could work something out im sure.
A canine born from the Ashes of the wasteland.

Click here:

Zeta Omega

REALLY hopeing the fat man isn't a one use..................

Berengar

Hey

Just want to say that i work at the moment on that mod.
And the first stuff like the power and Iron armor is finish.

But that will need a good amount of time, because i do mostly work on my 40k mod. That is more an side project.

Berengar

Hey Guys.
Just wanted to say that i'm a few days away from the first realise.
Just need to add a bit more stuff, and do a small bit coding.

Ready:

Armors
1) Metal-armor
2) Leather-armor
3) Vault Suit
4) T-45 Power-armor

Animals:

1) Brahimn
2) Gecko
3) Molerat

Factions:
1) Super mutants
2) Brotherhood of steel

Austupaio

Berengar

Try to make the artstyle more vanilla like. Means i will rework all artwork i got until now.. so the hole thing will delay 1-2 weeks. :)

Moriros

Hm, will be there somewhat like: our group landing in already urbanised territory, with factions and monsters in there and other factions that will invade? I mean scavenging as priority, searching building (fog of war) and all this wasteland-fallout stuff.
I`m glad I`m not a squirrel...

Headshotkill

hasu

This looks very awsome nad i love fallout!! but please add compatibility with combat realism mod.