LEGO

Started by JimmyAgnt007, November 24, 2015, 10:10:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimmyAgnt007

So I was helping my folks clean out my attic to get the Christmas lights when i discovered my old LEGO boxes.  I spent a day and sorted through everything for fun.  Now I have a webcomic but really dont like doing all the artwork so I thought about doing one with my LEGO like the comic Legostar Galactica.  However my own collection is rather limited, I think I lost a box somewhere over the last two decades.  Im just curious if anyone out there has a ridiculous amount of LEGO collecting dust that they want to play with before they have kids of their own.  (One of the best parts of parenthood im told is playing with all your own toys from when you were a kid)

I do a fair job of writing and can do this all myself but having someone else out there would be handy.  Either doing the image work for me or supplementing my story with their own.  Just an idea I thought Id share with the wonderful people here.

I mostly own space stuff so I cant really do RIMworld if I use my own collection.  Until Tynan licenses LEGO to make RIMworld stuff (Whats taking him so long?) Id need help from someone else to do that kind of story.

MightyGooga

Hey!

I have tons of lego. Huge fan! I liked your idea, and i have been meaning to start a project using my huge collection. What do you have in mind? Can you explain your idea and how could i contribute?
Thanks

JimmyAgnt007

Well it depends on what sets you have, the people and props.  The story I was thinking of for the parts I have was going to be called Legolon .5 an underfunded space station on the edge of civilization.  The crew are actively supplying the black market with whatever they can rip off of the visitors just to keep the station working.

This is the first comic i put together, http://jimmyagent007.deviantart.com/art/Legolon-5-574249988

Now, obviously this doesnt need to be the main theme.  Id love it if I could just write and pass off the pictures and such to someone else.  OR I work on mine, you work on yours, and we help each other out where we need it but post to the same site.  Maybe as two separate stories set in the same world.  Its still early stage so if you have a preference then let me know. 

killer117

Cool. I got an absolute load of lego (170 people, unknown kg's of bricks) so i could help. I got droids, soldiers, normal people, star wars, halo. So if u need help ill happily do it (just it may not happen right away due to my yr 12 studies atm)
Whats Rimworld without a little cannabilism/ murder/ maniacs/ crazy tribes/ nasty pirates/ nutcase animals/ genocidal robots etc.

JimmyAgnt007

Awesome, ive got... wow 62 guys, more than i thought i did. 

Now, i dont really want to do 'spoof' comics but that kind of stuff would be really helpful.  Can you give me a more detailed breakdown of what people you got?  Maybe if we have some of the same we can have 'crossover' characters.  Unless you wanted to ship it all to me lol jks.

killer117

Ok. Gimme a couple days to dig it out from our storage container then ill give u a full list
Whats Rimworld without a little cannabilism/ murder/ maniacs/ crazy tribes/ nasty pirates/ nutcase animals/ genocidal robots etc.

JimmyAgnt007

Fair enough.

I think I will continue with my own story and stuff and then see what other can contribute.

Fruit loops

I have a ton of Lego as well, probably 150-200 figurines/people. I have a shelf in my garage filled with about 25-30 boxes of pieces, sorted by color. 3-4 large grey base-plates, 8 or so smaller green base-plates and a few blue ones.

I used to do stop motion videos with Lego on an old camera. I have a few sets put together as well, as many more manuals.

I'd gladly help/contribute to your cause :)
The guy who suggested the mood debuff for harvesting prisoner organs.

JimmyAgnt007

glad to hear it!  I posted my 2 test comics here, http://jimmyagent007.deviantart.com/

I might just stick to the writing since you all have so much more lego than I do.

what kind of sets do you have so I know what to work with?

Mechanoid Hivemind

i have Lego Technic guys the pose-able ones, ya know elbows knees ankles so on, and a box somewhere
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

JimmyAgnt007

I always hated Lego Technic for some reason.  All of it just irked me when i saw it.  NO IDEA WHY!  I prefer the classic stuff. 

On an unrelated note, ive updated my webcomic, http://lid-comic.smackjeeves.com/

killer117

If u write me a script ill do what i can with my lego and send u the pics for u to add in the dialouge (i could try but the chances of success and it looking good are low)

JimmyAgnt007

Well a general idea of the characters you have to work with and what sets you have will help.  Do you have a lot of plantlife?  RIMworld would be a good setting but if you cant do the planet we can try something in space.

Alitaria

Such timing.
I recently got all of my LEGO out of storage. 2 1mX0.5m boxes about 20cm deep filled to the brim with the stuff.
I don't have much in the way of plants and base plates but I'm sure if i dig around enough i can find a bunch of guns and decently Rimworld-ish minifigs
Context is key when discussing RimWorld in public

JimmyAgnt007

It would be easier if we all lived on the same street and could pool our bits together.