Would an ASUS T100 10-Inch Laptop run Rimworld?

Started by Jack Booted Thug, November 24, 2015, 07:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Booted Thug

I am considering this machine and I am curious as to whether it would run Rimworld, thanks...

http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-T100-10-Inch-Laptop-VERSION/dp/B00K0G2XA4

Screen Size   10.1 inches
Screen Resolution   1366x768
Max Screen Resolution   1366x768
Processor   1.46 GHz Intel Atom
RAM   2 GB DDR3L SDRAM
Memory Speed    1600 MHz
Hard Drive   64 GB SSD
Graphics Coprocessor   Intel HD Graphics
Chipset Brand   Intel
Card Description   Intel HD
Graphics Card Ram Size   128 MB

harpo99999

the main issues with the computer spec you posted are the 2gb ram(should run in 2gb on the smallest map sizes) the 1.46ghz atom (read pentium 3 instruction set and will be slow), the tiny 64gb ssd(more space is always wanted, BUT rimworld does have a shortcut option so that it can reside in and work from an external usb stick and usb3 can be significantly faster then usb2 (max throughput of 25mb/sec on usb 2)), and the screen res of only 768 lines( so you would have to run in full screen mode)

milon

I used to run RimWorld on a Shuttle X50 v2.  Similar (slightly worse) specs, and I won't lie: it ran pretty slow.  You'll want to turn the quality setting down and always run full screen.  And each time the game spawns a bunch of people (a raid or lots of visitors), it'll pause for a second or two while it generates everything.  And creating a new game or loading an old one while take a while too.

tldr = If you skipped to this part, no.  If you're patient, then it will be doable but not great.