How's My "highly edited" Content? ( Randy Random Challenge )

Started by top_hat_tomato, November 25, 2015, 08:08:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

top_hat_tomato

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9WLrZ_dmIw

I'm trying a new form of editing with cutting to the more interesting / informational parts . Any feedback is good ( negative feedback is better !).

misterblort

The fact that the cropping is bad makes this not fun to watch.. you'd better just scrap this video and restart because if people see this in part 1 they won't look at part 2.
The editing is bad, lets plays of rimworld should not be edited in any way, because you should tell your thought process of why you do the stuff you do. If you just skip parts and suddenly there's 2 solar panels.. Yeah that doesn't work. Rimworld is basically a storytelling game, with random events that make up the story. You can't skip parts of a story.
pew pew pew, when someone shoots.. yeah.. No

My suggestion, start over completely. Just keep on talking of what you are thinking and why you are putting things on  certain spots and why you make your decisions.
Don't edit. Just a small intro to tell how u ended previous episode and what your plans are for the current episode.

Alitaria

Im inclined to agree with MisterBlort on this.
The cropping on the first episode is pretty bad and I realise you pointed this out in the video that it would be fixed, first impressions are everything.
Onto the editing style. Im not sure I agree with it. The whole idea of Rimworld LetsPlays is talking about your thinking, strategies and preferences when it comes to building placement, work assigning and combat. Having skips over uneventful moments is fine, providing they are fluid but in all honesty, how often do you get uneventful times in Rimworld? With Randy calling the shots, shit could hit the fan at a moments notice.
That being said, there's nothing stopping you from improving your editing style to a point where you can do it effectively, though I think that editing style would be better suited for doing overviews of what has happened, rather than what is currently happening. (If that makes any sense)
Context is key when discussing RimWorld in public