{wip} multiplayer

Started by darkitten, November 27, 2015, 05:09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkitten

multiplayer

trade storage
~ purchase resources at base value from trade storage of other colonies even other players using the coms console once a trade agreement has been purchased

diplomacy table
~ order hits, send mail, pay silver to form trade agreements, alliances and demand silver in threat of war (unpaid results in send-able raids)

supply storage
~ call resource drop of selected items .. ie trade screen inventory of all allied supply storage's but cost of items is the distance from colony and is always available to allies and new colonies (from diplomacy table)

tunnel entrance
~ troops that enter are frozen, (cryo), until an attack is sent from the coms console at that point a raid will spawn or be qued to spawn attacking the faction you designated when the date of attack sent aligns with the date of the colony or when the date of attack is overdue.. they will spawn as AI with same gear.. extra options are available at a cost ie. standard siege gear.. tunneling.. night raid.. drop pods
.. attack immediately.. priority capture and flee.. blow power conduit.. spawn with mercinaries.. ect.. if possible those that do not die can be returned along with captured enemies.

new colony
~ clicking on world map allows you to choose new location to set up a colony within 10 squares of the existing colony.. the new colony  will spawn with the occupants of the 'tunnel entrance' the current map is saved and a new map generated by a chosen name at the set location.. then the tunnel kills the stored colonists as-if they have traveled. these colonists can build a supply storage for like 10 chunks =P .. and bingo a new colony.. switching between the colonies is also done via the world map with automated loading/saving on switch.. enemy (including other human players show on this map)

allot of time to learn how to do all this but ill get started as i have 2 years of free time =).. it will involve a sync client that communicates inventories, statistics, mail, the mods list, difficulty and ai settings, colony locations, armies..ect and all events will be delayed by a day's travel so should be no lag..

to win is definable but a sample would be you must out score the combined enemy nations have gone to space, have 10 colonies with 10 people in each

and maybe a score based on: consistent ai storyteller (time spent as original selection) > number of reloads (earlier game auto/main saves loaded of any particular colony when in mp game) > difficulty level (time spent as original selection) > number of enemy colonies destroyed > .. colonies that have gone to space > colonists in space > number of colonies with 10 people > age of a colony all these contribute to score displayed on the history graph and in turn declare the winner of the map.

progress...

reinstalled os on two computers
created workplace and started collecting code from mods that might help me.
started programming course and wont return to this project for about 2 weeks

UPDATE: this is allot of work and it turns out im bad at modding.. O.o my life is chaos atmo .. so i'm abandoning it until distant future

Austintrollinski

Xeno360

QuoteUPDATE: this is allot of work and it turns out im bad at modding.. O.o my life is chaos atmo .. so i'm abandoning it until distant future

Pretty much seen that one coming. This is something that would need to be coded into the core game. Not something that can be done from modding. Just saying.