Mid/Late gameplay mod?

Started by Shurp, November 28, 2015, 02:36:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shurp

I'm relatively new to the game, but I have played through to the second year a few times with Cassandra at the Challenge level.  So I've built a colony with a dozen pawns and experienced a variety of raids, mechanoid ship part landings, and the like.  And... I get the feeling that's it to the game at this point?  I feel like the game should have another level beyond this.

So has anyone modded to create something like this?  Or maybe I should poke around and see what I can do?

I admit I'm not sure exactly what I'm looking for.  Just something that takes the game at right angles -- so that you have some other goal you're working towards while fighting off attacks.  Yes, I know about the escape ship, but that seems too linear.   Maybe if your spaceship required you to raise some bizzare alien species whose eggs you can harvest dilithium crystals from, so you had to make sure to keep them protected during raids and manage their reproduction, or... I dunno, I'll think of something :)  Unless anyone has suggestions?
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

milon

There's nothing that I'm immediately aware of, but you're not the first person to identify this problem. Some people set themselves a challenge (see a Proper Space Ship). Others add mods for early game content/challenge. Check the mod releases for ideas, but I'd also love to see more thoughts on how to improve the late game.