Trader frequency?

Started by Shurp, November 28, 2015, 12:04:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shurp

So I succeeded in my effort to get traders to have a larger variety of goods when they show up.  (It drives me nuts when I'm sitting on 2000 silver and the weapon supplier only offers me a poor LMG or a good heavy SMG).  But I am still frustrated by the frequency of trader visits.  In my present game I have a pile of 5000 silver and a combat supplier hasn't shown up for months.

Does anyone know where the frequency of trader visits is set?  I did a search on "CombatSupplier" and it only shows up in TraderKinds.xml, which leads me to think that it is hard coded and not modifiable.  This would make me sad if true.  Can anyone confirm/deny?
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Toggle

By "Hardcoded" do you mean C#? Because you can change that coding. Now, for trader frequency, it's actually chosen by the event frequency, the TraderArrival event. You'll find it in Incidents_Good_Misc.xml. The current chance is 22.

Attached is a mod that increases the trader frequency from 22 to 34. It is already the most frequent event in the good misc file, so it should happen a lot.

[attachment deleted due to age]
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

Shurp

By "hardcoded" I mean anything I can't change with just a text editor.  I don't presently own a c compiler. 

But I didn't realize the trading frequency is in incidents_good_misc... OK, I'll crank that up to 50 or so.  Thank you for pointing me in the right direction!
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Toggle

But... but I have you a ready to go mod with it cranked up :(
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

Shurp

Awww... I'm sorry... I just need the practice editing the files myself.  But I looked over your file, it looks like exactly the change I need, thanks!