(Mod Request) AI settlements on the map

Started by killeres77, December 01, 2015, 06:57:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

killeres77

I had an idea for a mod where an AI settlement could be made alongside the player settlement. I would personally make this mod myself, but i lack the knowledge and the skills to do so. So, I would like to ask for a modder to help me make my idea into a reality.

Objective: Allow an AI settlement to be built within the Players map.

Idea: On start, the player will go through the natural act of making a base. Instead of the player encountering their first raider attack, a group of "campers" settles in a corner of the map. Both the player and the AI then make a settlement on the same map. It is then up to the player if he/she wishes to either eliminate or ally with the AI settlement.

What is needed to work:
   Note: "()" is used to state how I believe the code could be done, considering that i have no modding experience.
   Major Requirements:
      1. The ability for AI to build walls with materials nearby (use "sandbag coding" from sieges)
      2.The AI must be able to recognize what zones/stockpiles are theirs (alternate zones)
      3.The AI must be able to farm on the same map as the Player while not allowing the players settlers to grow/harvest from the AI's farm and vice versa.( alternate zones)
      4. The AI must be able to understand how far it can send its settlers away from its base and how close it can get to yours (alternate home zone)
      5.The AI of both parties must be able to respond to peaceful/hostile acts.
      6. The AI must be able to understand that the location they are in is where they stay during peaceful times. (automatically set to alternate home zone)
      7. The AI must be able to understand that it cannot build too close to the players settlement
      8. The AI must be able to reinforce themselves when their numbers drop. (event)
      9.The AI must be able to understand when they cannot be reinforced when their numbers drop. (special wall,object,workstation,furniture,etc.)
      10. The AI must be able to have a "relation" with the Player's settlement (factions)
      11.The AI must know where it can build buildings without it going through claimed walls/furniture.
   minor requests:
      1. The AI can purchase resources/people from faction comm. stations
      2. The AI can choose to engage with Player in a hostile/peaceful manner
      3.The AI responds to threats outside of the Player faction such as pirates, rival tribes, mechanoids, etc.. {assuming that the relation between player/AI is neutral+}
      4.The AI could build their buildings according to their culture. example: wooden/stone 6x6 buildings for tribals, metal/wood 11x5 buildings for pirates,etc.
      5. The AI can build faction turrets (turrets that attack hostile factions and not their own if player attacks said faction.)
      6. The AI can send raiding parties to your settlement
* works alongside #4

Toggle

You know, the forum is perfectly fine for holding all that text. Just put it after your original text in the post, you're unlikely to get many downloads of people willing to help if it requires downloading it.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.