World Creation Preview Black

Started by Alt, December 02, 2015, 12:56:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alt

So I just got Rimworld for the first time in my Mac, completely fresh install.
I  try to create a new world, but the preview is completely black.
I can select landing places, but the preview remains completely black.

Note, I have no mods installed.

milon

I've had this happen before when playing fullscreen on Windows.  I can reproduce it every time if I hit the Win key (minimize the game) and restore it. Changing the Mode will redraw the preview properly, but switching back to the original Mode just gives the same black screen.

Try switching the view Mode to something else and see if you get anything.  Does restarting the game have any effect?  What's your operating system?  What version of RimWorld?  Try to update your graphics drivers; any luck with that?

Alt

Quote from: milon on December 02, 2015, 02:52:50 PM
I've had this happen before when playing fullscreen on Windows.  I can reproduce it every time if I hit the Win key (minimize the game) and restore it. Changing the Mode will redraw the preview properly, but switching back to the original Mode just gives the same black screen.

Try switching the view Mode to something else and see if you get anything.  Does restarting the game have any effect?  What's your operating system?  What version of RimWorld?  Try to update your graphics drivers; any luck with that?

I'm currently running the most recent version of RimWorld with no mods. I'm using a Macbook with OS X El Capitan.

I've tried switching the view mode, but the preview is still black and restarting the game doesn't do anything either.

I also don't know how to update my graphics drive on a Mac.

milon

Can you otherwise play the game okay?  Make sure to explore all in-game menus. Is there anything else that's broken?

Have a look at this thread from the support forum. Does it help?
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=4805.0

Alt

Only the World Preview is broken, everything else seems to be working as it should.

I've tried what is in the other thread and it did nothing.

Elenwae

Hi,

I just bought the game and I have exactly the same problem...  :'(
I'm playing on a Macbook with OS X El Capitan too.
Did you find a way to solve the problem ?

Here is some screenshot :

ison

Ok, thanks for the report. There's clearly something wrong going on on MACs. I'm locking this thread, because the same issue has been reported several times.

// edit: mantis'd https://ludeon.com/mantis/view.php?id=2370