[mod idea] command and conquer red alert

Started by Austintrollinski, December 03, 2015, 12:39:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Austintrollinski

it would be cool if someone can make the turrets, vehicles and weapons to use

harpo99999

it might be possible for YOU to make such a mod, but the difficulty will be the vehicles, but personally when I am in the mood to red alert I just install red alert and play

Toggle

There are some mods with turrets, I can't remember them at the moment, nothing Command and Conquer themed though. Vehicles would be extremely unlikely to have added since there's no system for them currently.

And harpo... I don't think when someone is posting a mod idea it's possible for them to make the mod themself, or are feeling the need to play the game suggested.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

Austupaio

I like the idea because Red Alert is one of my favourite games, but I don't think too many things would translate. For example, without a proficient coder (which I'm not, I'm very basic) trying to make Tesla weaponry would be pretty tricky to make it look good. Here's what I think could be done fairly easily. Never seen anyone do vehicles.

Feasible ideas...

Armour/clothing - Items like a soviet helmet, ushanka, great coat, although not really specific to Red Alert, could be good extras.

Russian Conscript's PPSh - Why not? It's a basic weapon and a fun one.

Russian Flak Trooper's Flak Cannon - Similar in purpose and function to the incendiary launcher, but with more smoke and bang, less fire.

Alright, that didn't last long, I'm out of ideas that could be implemented or don't already have an in-game analog, like the UK's Sniper's Lee-Enfield or Attack Dogs. The Soviet turret could be done but it'd be more of a graphical thing, since it's ultimately just a big machine gun. Same concept with Soviet walls.