[A15 test][A13] Adaptation Refusal 0.8

Started by milon, December 04, 2015, 09:16:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techgenius

Seems broken, everything appears as if they were researched prior. All unlocked.

milon

I've begun updating this to Alpha 13.  Looks like there were a lot of posts in here that I missed.  Oops!  Life of a busy mod(erator).  And honestly, I got really burned out on modding for a while.  I probably won't do much with this beyond getting it A13 ready.

Quote from: bullet on February 12, 2016, 06:33:29 AM
For the recipe of Improved Slag Vest,  in the <fixedIngredientFilter> field you put  Slag_Vest_Improved instead Slag_Vest_Crude, because of that  impossible to make Improved Vest version

Thanks for catching that!  And fixed.  That was a really dumb mistake.  :)

Techgenius

Quote from: milon on May 23, 2016, 06:04:14 PM

Oh yes... Please update it Mr Milon, I need it , now that @Krantz86 is here, maybe he'll continue?

It could use some graphical improvements, maybe even new weapons, high-tech technologies, plasma lamps, Turret Tesla Conductors, brain-control implants, makeshift computers and and well, more inventions n' gadgets

milon

Working on it.  Actually, it's mostly updated, but the research part throws a bunch of errors when I load it.  Once I solve that, it'll be ready for release!  :)

milon

And... done!  ;D  Alpha 13 version released.

Trigon

Just downloaded it and none of the benches work. For some reason it seems that the power needed is set to 0w. It seems that this messes it up by making it so there's no power being fed to any of them, making them unusable.

milon

*facepalm*

Sorry, thought I had that fixed. It'll be fixed in a couple hours.

Techgenius

This is just too good to be true!  :D

I'll download and test it right away. I'll try it on one of my heavily modded worlds, who knows.. maybe it will work.

milon

A temporary fix, if you hit that error, is to turn on the dev mode option Unlimited Power.  Testing continues.  Also, I removed the Bills tab from the small bacteria battery since it doesn't actually have any bills associated with it.

milon

I've updated Adaptation Refusal.  Try the download link in the 1st post to get the latest build.  I think I've got it fixed, but I couldn't really reproduce Trigon's problem.  I think I've also fixed the 'need batteries' alert for when you have only bacteria batteries running.  :D

The nearest problem I found to what Trigon reported is potentially a vanilla bug: if I place power-requiring structures via God Mode with no power lines/generators nearby, then it gets stuck in the 'not connected' state (with no Reconnect button). When a power line/generator is placed within range, it connects to that and the problem corrects itself (including having a Reconnect button).  I'm still investigating this issue.

Trigon (and anyone else), if you are still experiencing the power needed problem, please post a screenshot & a game save (plus world save, of course).  I didn't have much time to test/confirm this morning, so I still could be overlooking something.

Note that I haven't tested this with any other mods active, so that's a potential conflict source.  I've done my best to ensure all internal names are unique, but that's not a guarantee.  I have tested enabling this mod on a preexisting vanilla game, and it worked just fine with the exception of existing stockpiles having the new content disabled (ie. electrolyte solution won't go in your food stockpile until you enable that).  But that is to be expected with any mod that adds new content.  :)

EDIT - I forgot to say that I'm going to tweak building costs to take advantage of Components (ALL the new buildings in this mod should use them).  I'm taking suggestions for updated building costs, so let me know what your thoughts are!

Trigon

Alright, I'll download the latest version and if I still have problems then I'll post up a save. Hoping it works because I like doing a lot of low tech playthroughs, but I want to change it up and see how this other stuff shapes up.

Techgenius

Seems to be working, I have yet to reach the krill farming yet, though. I can see some of the old habits returning, the colonists are hoarding eletrolyte solutions/canisters again and not consuming it when hungry

Trigon

Everything is working, but as Techgenius said they hoard electrolyte solution, but I looked into it and tested it and I think I found the problem. Nutrition for a single electrolyte solution is set at 5. which means 500% nutrition. So I think that might be the main issue.

Techgenius

Quote from: Trigon on May 26, 2016, 12:54:47 AM
Everything is working, but as Techgenius said they hoard electrolyte solution, but I looked into it and tested it and I think I found the problem. Nutrition for a single electrolyte solution is set at 5. which means 500% nutrition. So I think that might be the main issue.

+1

Plus, a option appears at the tailoring table (electric) to make crude slag armour, vest and helmets, while it shouldn't be there, it also "creates" slag metal chunks for free, even if you try to make the these improvised armours, it always stays at 0 and if you cancel, you get free mats

milon

Odd that something TOO nutritious wouldn't get eaten.  I'll nerf it down to 1 or 0.9 or something and play around with that.

And thanks for catching the tailoring bug.  It's the result of some lazy copypasta on my part, I'm sure.