Blockland - The Game Where You Build Stuff.

Started by Facechild, November 27, 2013, 11:05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Facechild

What is Blockland?

http://www.blockland.us/

Blockland is essentially internet Internet Legos. It predates Minecraft but is still updated to this day and has finally gotten off it's ass and gotten greenlit on steam.

What can you do in blockland?
You can do a number of things, You can build whatever you want for starters. Things like this...
Isengard

Or this
Facechild's big blue battle

Or THIS!
THE LSDM

And these...

Okay, so I can build things, big woop... what else is there?
You can add weapons spawns and turn you map into a deathmatch. Create racing minigames. Custom minigames. So many minigames!
Additionally the game has a neat feature called eventing, which is basically addins simplified code to bricks to make things happen when you interact with them, such as a door opening, a wall crumbling or even a fully functional MIDI sequencer, sky's the limit.

On top of that, there is vertually limitless user created add-ons that are as easy to install as dragging and droping a Zip file into your add-ons folder.

It's a pretty fun game you should check it out.  ;D
Discuse plox.

TechnicPyro

When it comes to installing add-ons in Blockland, I would suggest installing RTB (Return To Blockland) first.  This simplifies the process of downloading files one by one by creating an easy, in-game menu that you can open when you want to download new add-ons.

Jones-250

*insert ignorant "it´s just a minecraft rip-off" comment*
Looks interesting, I should try that someday.
Skill,
  Cohesion
      and a Forward spirit.

Trensicourt

WHAT IS RIM WORLD? A RAIDER DEATH BALL. LITERALLY.