What game should I buy? (Steam or other)

Started by RickyMartini, December 06, 2015, 12:20:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RickyMartini

I have some bucks to spare (up to 15 dollars)

So does anyone have a good game I should definitely try? If it is similar to RimWorld you get bonus points. :P

RickyMartini

apljee

Still looking? If you're into Grand Strategy games, and are willing to take a dive into complex learning curves, Hearts of Iron III is a fantastic game and it's only $10.99.

MisterVertigo

Planetbase on Steam is pretty fun. It's another colony builder, but instead of building a base from scratch (like RimWorld) you place different modules down. It's not as deep, but I had fun with it for a while.
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

RickyMartini

Quote from: apljee on December 15, 2015, 08:50:42 PM
Still looking? If you're into Grand Strategy games, and are willing to take a dive into complex learning curves, Hearts of Iron III is a fantastic game and it's only $10.99.

That reminds me of the Civ games, I'll look into it thanks!

RickyMartini

Quote from: MisterVertigo on December 16, 2015, 10:25:46 AM
Planetbase on Steam is pretty fun. It's another colony builder, but instead of building a base from scratch (like RimWorld) you place different modules down. It's not as deep, but I had fun with it for a while.

Yep, this one looks absolutely wonderful. From the comments on this game I can already gather though that the lacking depth might be a real bummer...

Gaiska

yea i can recommend planetbase. hard to learn for me but very motivated because of that fact.

jzero

It must be too late by now but for about sixteen bucks you can get the bnding of isaac:rebirth WITH the Afterbirth DLC. It really is an awesome rogue-like game. Lots of religious stuff in it that might offend you if you are a hardcore christian.  It's a pretty great game and i'm closing in on two hundred hours on steam
Actual cannibal shia labeouf.

Vas

I love how beautiful Planet Explorers is (on steam) but I think it's more than $15 :P
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

skullywag

Planet explorers is a weird one. It has some really complex systems (the whole voxel painting weapons and vehicles is crazy...) but the game itself is very simplistic. Its literally run here kill these guys run here pick that up. It got old very quickly for me. And its the same world so even though the map is massive its not one of those replayable type game you would probably just sink more time into your 1st save.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Ectoplasm

Evil Genius is a fine game. http://store.steampowered.com/app/3720/

Though a small word of warning that it seems quite crashy (win 7 64bit).

Factorio is another great game, though when I try to explain to someone what this game actually is, my mind just brain farts. It's sort of a puzzle building game. Weird, I know, but they have a demo, give it a shot. (edit; it's a bit like marmite, you'll either love it or hate it).