Y'all gotta see this

Started by Mechanoid Hivemind, December 06, 2015, 06:23:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mechanoid Hivemind

Okay i booted rimworld up after staying away for a few months and added combat realism and the backstories as well as edbs mods, first world and where i landed there is only 1 way in to my soon to be base
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Duban

ok. You're going to have trouble with sappers in that back door because it's so thin. Personally, I'd rather have a base with two open ends if the second end is narrow enough across to build REALLY thick walls easily/cheaply. In your case you're going to have to build some really long walls to reinforce that long, but easily breached, rear wall.

zlongshark

I don't think this map is very ideal. you can get attacks from almost every direction.
"Who would have guessed you could order beer in the outer rim of the galaxy"

Mechanoid Hivemind

i like it saves me a choke point to make
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

zlongshark

Fair enough, i prefer to build into a mountain
"Who would have guessed you could order beer in the outer rim of the galaxy"

Thane

+1 for saying Ya'll. Have fun with sappers! (Hint make a slightly thinner spot and trap it)
It is regular practice to install peg legs and dentures on anyone you don't like around here. Think about that.

zandadoum

Mech raid lands in your backyard. Have fun escaping :)

Shurp

That reminds me of something amusing that just happened to me.  A poison ship landed right next to my base -- inside my turret perimeter.  Turrets opened up, mechs died, colonists came out to clean up the mess left behind.  It was quite funny.

(After too many colonies ruined by sappers I decided to go with a completely open build -- giant fort in the middle of the map surrounded by a dozen turrets.  Colonists sit inside the perimeter taking pot shots at attackers who focus on turrets.  When they take one out, colonists go around the circle leading the attackers into the next turret...)
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Andy_Dandy

Starting with 4 colonists is cheating....

Duban

Quote from: Andy_Dandy on December 08, 2015, 11:43:43 AM
Starting with 4 colonists is cheating....

A wanderer usually walks in on the first day or two. This does seem early, but it's not impossible that this is what happened.

lord rabies

EDB has a mod to choose how you start, right?

Mechanoid Hivemind

Yeah i had a wander join shortly after i landed. i forgot to pause, i went afk for a few mins to use the restroom

RedStorm58

Seem susceptible to fire......
When you're young, everything feels like the end of the world. But it's not. It's just the beginning.