Any way to fix colonist problems?

Started by Redname, December 08, 2015, 06:33:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redname

It started with one guy who got a bad back and several other penalties, crippling his movement. However, it wasn't unbearable it just made him less efficient. But now, another good colonist has gotten a brain injury, effectively making him useless. Is there anyway to fix these problems? Do I need to use mods, and if so, what are the best ones?

milon

Using the built-in forum Search function will highlight a few mods for you.  (I don't use them, so I can't recommend any off hand.) There's no way to 'fix' him in vanilla.  You have to keep him or turn him into resources such as silver or meat & leather.

Acidrain

In vanilla game there is "Painstopper" you can operate on colonists on their brains.Can be bought from certain traders. Not sure if those fix that. You can try though.

milon

Yes, there is a painstopper in vanilla which sets the pain level to 0.  It doesn't restore any function/speed and doesn't help with brain damage.  :(

sadpickle

I play with the 'Expanded Organ Engineering & Prosthetics" (If that's not the title it's close) mod. It has advanced prosthetics and synthetic organs that will fix issues like bad back, frail, cataracts, etc. The only thing you can't seem to fix is brain death (no cybernetic brains) or scarring of the head. So it won't make you totally invincible, but you can make some pretty exceptional colonists...

zlongshark

You're not able to fix brain damage, Tynan has spoke about this before as it was in a previous alpha you could repair brain damage. He removed it basically.

I had one of my very skilled colonists receive brain damge and you just have to deal with it. i ended up putting him in a cyrosleep casket as it was too badly damaged to be of any help.
"Who would have guessed you could order beer in the outer rim of the galaxy"

Dodging Rain

I believe Scullywag's dermal regeneration remove scars in the brain.  It doesn't remove dementia though.  Natural surgery is an accidental version since the torso repair "refreshes" the colonist entirely (including removing all bionics).

EPOE doesn't really fix brain damage but it does have two implants that increases consciousness to counteract it, the brain AI and the brain stimulator.

And a dog said allows you to remove an animal's brain and I think you need another mod to do a brain transplant into a colonist to fix it.  Yes, you can transfer a chicken's brain into a colonist with no side effect...

harpo99999

even skullyway's dermal regeneration does NOT fix all scars only skin scars, not brain scars, there was a couple of mods in previous alphas that had brain surgery, but I have not seen them in the last couple of alphas, so the best options are  cryptosleep OR capture in prison and sell OR kill and butcher/casket

Limdood

superior crafting added a bionic brain that replaces regular brain (fixes scars) and gives a +20+ consciousness i think.