Better performance

Started by NemesisN, December 09, 2015, 05:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

megatech2795

So from what I've read this is all the fault of unity engine. It would be a GIGANTIC setback to port the game to another engine as MUCH new coding and recoding would have to be done. At this point its a gamble. You can have a PC that costs 3 grand and runs top games perfectly but not this game. Its all in the hands of the developers at this point. My vote goes to performance over content as mods are a thing.

sick puppy

generally, making games better for newer computers is the right way long term. but i dont have that kind of money and also like old school games. so if you ask me, i am perfectly fine with how the game is right now. if anybody has the money and space at home to buy a 3k computer, that person can also buy an old computer for 200 bucks with a very good single core processor, which that player will use for old school games, just like people have been using 5 kinds of game boys, 4 playstations, 3 xbox', dreamcasts, ataris, nintendos and so on and so forth.
(personally, i only ever had an old playstation 2 that i got used and old used computers, but i know plenty of people that had many differnent consoles. and before you even ask, yes, even kids, adults and women. it's not just the stereotypical young adult white nerds in their mother's basement)