Next update > Christmas

Started by zlongshark, December 14, 2015, 10:39:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zlongshark

I'm much more excited for the new update then I am for Christmas/ Holiday celebrations.

The thought of new content to explore is plush!
"Who would have guessed you could order beer in the outer rim of the galaxy"

Haplo

But you may have to wait much longer for the update than for christmas :)
Tynan said it will most likely be march before the next update..

RickyMartini

Sorry, but Tynan is currently sipping on PiƱa Coladas so you have to wait till summer.

JimmyAgnt007

March.... but they are working on things already so the next release is going to be like 6 months (or so) of content all at once.  We need about that long to prepare our bodies for that much awesomeness at once. 

Panzer

In case you havent seen it, Tynan posted in his blog a little bit of what the next update will include.

https://ludeon.com/blog/

And yeah, that update will be a big one, since I have yet to be disappointed by the content they release, Im pretty hyped for the next one ;D

RickyMartini

JimmyAgnt007

*sigh* I walked into that one i suppose lol

john pretzel

"Extreme desert biome"

Ice biome's extreme opposite. This environment was very popular, and this extreme desert climate map will surely bring high expectations...  ::)

zlongshark

AHah i'm ready.

I have read that an update will be coming early next year and as an purist i cannot use mods :p
"Who would have guessed you could order beer in the outer rim of the galaxy"

JimmyAgnt007

I use prepare carefully for mods.  I also edit a few files manually to my preference.  I tried using a mod variety pack but I got way to make game crashes.

killer117

i like alost everything thats coming out, except componets. i love the simplicity of rimworld and its building supplies and mechanics. i dont like the idea of a long list of complecated and annoying componets. that sounds a little too minecrafty, and this kinda feature killed the glittertech mod for me (besides the fact it had a load of bugs and missing sections when i used it.
Whats Rimworld without a little cannabilism/ murder/ maniacs/ crazy tribes/ nasty pirates/ nutcase animals/ genocidal robots etc.

JimmyAgnt007

Well the components was always going to be a thing, Tynan just didnt do it right away because he wanted to keep things simple while other systems were implemented. 

killer117

fair enough. i just cant say i like the idea of needing 200 diferent types of items to run my base. if its fairly simple with just a few things to make getting higher tech gear more difficult to get ill stay on board, but if its a full overhaul of the current system i may just stick with this alpha.
Whats Rimworld without a little cannabilism/ murder/ maniacs/ crazy tribes/ nasty pirates/ nutcase animals/ genocidal robots etc.

JimmyAgnt007

I think its going to boil down to things needing either raw goods to make or manufactured.  Hopefully things arent too complex but that doesnt seem to be Tynans style.  Im sure whatever it is, if its too annoying, Tynan will fix it.

killer117

lets hope. i love this game but i think the combat and late game need to be fleshed out a little more, with combat and AI and raids as whole being more difficult, and with somethin to do in the lategame besides expand and wait to die.