Neurotrainer brain damage repair.

Started by zlongshark, December 14, 2015, 10:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimmyAgnt007

Using AI cores to replace brain dead people has been suggested.  Could be fun, dont think its the direction Tynan wants to go though.  Im guessing he has a whole plan for the medical side of things that he will get too when hes dealt with more important features.

Listen1

I would like this to not be a thing.

Brain damage should be permanent, If not helping the colonist that was headshot and is starving away from the colony because he decided to go on a walk would not be as funny as it is.

*giggle*

JimmyAgnt007

Well on that theme, it would be better if anyone with the warden trait would help the brain damaged with their jobs.  Increasing their move speed to bed, bringing them food, generally helping them do things. 

Reviire

Quote from: JimmyAgnt007 on January 13, 2016, 12:46:48 PM
Well on that theme, it would be better if anyone with the warden trait would help the brain damaged with their jobs.  Increasing their move speed to bed, bringing them food, generally helping them do things.
But your warden could just be doing those things himself, faster than they can. They're a liability to the colony, let them do their own thing. imo.

Quote from: Gizogin on March 16, 2012, 11:59:01 PM
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

JimmyAgnt007

true but thats the point, they are trying to take care of someone.  a dose or reality to the game.  maybe a toggle in the health menu if you want a person to be wardened or not.  we dont just toss our injured out the door and leave them to starve in the real world... most of the time. 

Regret

Quote from: JimmyAgnt007 on January 13, 2016, 12:46:48 PM
Good idea, seeing your people care for someone makes it harder to euthanize them.
Anyone who has ever seen a loved one become demented or euthanized would be very strongly effected.
Emotionally difficult choices make for interesting games.

Listen1

Death by manhunter pack is a kind of euthanesia...

Overall, I believe that his already fall under Doctor care. We can test that by cutting off two legs of a colonist and seeing if the doctor feeds him. Which he does.

If the potatohead does not have acess to the food area, he will be fed by the doctor when food bar reaches a certain threshold. If he has acess (or is in a unrestricted zone), he will receive the bill to get food, and will starve on his way to the kitchen/dining room.

What would not happen if he also didn't have two legs.

Just saying.

Reviire

Quote from: JimmyAgnt007 on January 13, 2016, 02:38:27 PM
true but thats the point, they are trying to take care of someone.  a dose or reality to the game.  maybe a toggle in the health menu if you want a person to be wardened or not.  we dont just toss our injured out the door and leave them to starve in the real world... most of the time.
In the real world, we're not trying to survive in such horrible conditions either.

I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

JimmyAgnt007

Quote from: Reviire on January 14, 2016, 04:57:13 AM
In the real world, we're not trying to survive in such horrible conditions either.

Not normally, but if a plane crashed in a remote location wouldnt you help the old man who also survived?  Im just saying its a choice the player could make.  Leave them to move slow on their own like now, or help them along, hoping they survive long enough for you to make a sleeper pod to stuff them in.

Reviire

Quote from: JimmyAgnt007 on January 14, 2016, 08:55:05 AM
Quote from: Reviire on January 14, 2016, 04:57:13 AM

Not normally, but if a plane crashed in a remote location wouldnt you help the old man who also survived?  Im just saying its a choice the player could make.  Leave them to move slow on their own like now, or help them along, hoping they survive long enough for you to make a sleeper pod to stuff them in.
I guess.

JimmyAgnt007

Its like eating people.  Sure you can choose to starve instead but its really up to the player to make the choice.

Anyways, back to repairing brains.  What about powered assist armor?  As in a mechanical outfit thats like a future wheelchair instead of something for combat.  The person with the brain damage wears it in their armour slot and it helps them move about.  Uses an AI core, plasteel, and crafted at the research bench or something.  Its not a direct repair of the brain but negates some of the issues.  a neurotrainer is needed to sync the person to the suit. 

Regret

Quote from: JimmyAgnt007 on January 15, 2016, 08:43:42 AM
Its like eating people.  Sure you can choose to starve instead but its really up to the player to make the choice.

Anyways, back to repairing brains.  What about powered assist armor?  As in a mechanical outfit thats like a future wheelchair instead of something for combat.  The person with the brain damage wears it in their armour slot and it helps them move about.  Uses an AI core, plasteel, and crafted at the research bench or something.  Its not a direct repair of the brain but negates some of the issues.  a neurotrainer is needed to sync the person to the suit.
Sounds good, low tech versions would be walking sticks and senior strollers.
I don't think the added price of a neurotrainer is needed, but that is a balancing issue.