Alpha Animals (aka Vanilla Friendly Animals)

Started by A Friend, December 15, 2015, 11:00:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you want an early release? We can do that if wanted, but the animals won't have the special abilities (Like projectile attacks) that was planned for them.

Release it early, I'd like some variety now. This human leather chair that I sit on cannot hold my patience any longer.
6 (37.5%)
Heck no. Why wouldn't you want to see the Gallatross throw nuke rocks!? That's heresy!
10 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: February 10, 2016, 06:48:44 AM

milon

This mod is another reason to be super excited for A14.  And that's only 3 weeks away now - to the day!  ;D

Dimbledorf

Could you release the groundrunner early perhaps in  a separate minimod
Oh and also you could add some sort of land dolphins?
When will Tynan add goats, I wonder?

OtioseNexus

How's about an Aboralisk, a creature that for reasons left to it's mad scientist creator plants trees whereever it goes, or a giant legendary worm that while it tears up the ground (and maybe your base) leaves behind rich soil?

kivey

Love the designs and idea's i would be curious in seeing someone create what looks like a mutated creature, take a regular animal and modify it, toxic fallout can spawn in the game so why wouldn't it affect some of the animals on the planet

Fluffe

How about a dog cat (or cat dog) hybrid you know someone out there would probably do it for profit and depending on how it turned out look wise it would prob be sold as a medium to rich class pet lol kinda like this

Im also perfectly fine if you want to go full on cat dog on this if you do decide to make it lol

AllenWL

That looks more like a cat/rabbit/horse/fox hybrid than a cat/dog hybrid.

Wex

What about megascarab sized grasshoppers?
They swarm in the map, eating plants, trees, corpses, skeletons, cleaning any blood (and recieving food for that) and lastly, attacking animals and colonists.
If the map is picked clean and clolnists stay indoors, they move out.
HP and armor at megascarab level. Hunger like a thrumbo.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

Fluffe

Quote from: AllenWL on July 17, 2016, 06:09:24 AM
That looks more like a cat/rabbit/horse/fox hybrid than a cat/dog hybrid.

Yay kinda lol still looks awesome though

Mindtwister76

Howdy Ho

skullywag

Im on it, just getting all my mods steam ready and such, most are updated already so wont be long.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

A Friend

Meanwhile... Im slugging through schoolstuffs most of the time but I'll at least try getting the Wildpod/Giant monster thingy done this weekend. Then maybe polishing some of the batch 1 and 2 graphics and redoing the vanilla insectoids.

Can't wait for my tribal colony to get obliterated by a white 4-eyed giant that throws exploding rocks. Mhhhmmm...
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

Malacai

That's good to hear, i wanted to play this mod since i first saw it. Awesome graphics and ideas!

Are you are still looking for new animals to add? I had an idea for a kind of nightmarish monster, genetically designed for psycological warfare.
It would be a legendary/event monster and when it enters the map it emits a psycic wave that affects the mood of your colonists just like the psycic drone effect .
You can then either try to wait it out and hope it leaves before your colonists go berserk, or you try and fight it and hope it doesnt rip you to shreds with whatever psycic powers it can throw at you.
Maybe it could even turn animals into manhunter to make it more dangerous.
I am still not sure what it should look like but maybe someone else has an idea for that.

I would try making a mod for it myself, but i have never modded or even coded something yet, and i have no idea where to start, so i better leave if it to you guys.

Anyways, i cant wait to play this mod :)

A Friend

Them details yo.

Thinking of making a Boreal Forest and Tropical Rainforest version.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

Fluffe

kebab4you

Holding out for my A14 playthrough until the first version of this mod is released. Should make a great start to this version.