Alpha Animals (aka Vanilla Friendly Animals)

Started by A Friend, December 15, 2015, 11:00:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you want an early release? We can do that if wanted, but the animals won't have the special abilities (Like projectile attacks) that was planned for them.

Release it early, I'd like some variety now. This human leather chair that I sit on cannot hold my patience any longer.
6 (37.5%)
Heck no. Why wouldn't you want to see the Gallatross throw nuke rocks!? That's heresy!
10 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: February 10, 2016, 06:48:44 AM

Deathawaits4

This looks awesome, im actually trying to create some graphics on my own, but i cant figure out the view angle of the game.. is it 45 degrees top down?

SpaceDorf

Holy Penguin Popsicle Batman !
Three Cowabungas for the HR. Giger of the Rim.

I saw those pics the for the first time today and I can only say I nearly wet myself in excitement.

This is the stuff I wanted to see in Rimworld but could never describe it ..
If this mod ever comes out I must have it and I will listen to nothing else than the Lego Movie Soundtrack .. untz untz untz *everything is awesome* ..
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

rdz1122

Mr.Cross

Dude, its not even out yet... we are all currently all in suspense for when skullywag gets done coding it. And possibly waiting for more amazing creatures from A Friend
Claims to know most things.

kaptain_kavern

Hey @Skullywag and @A_Friend couldn't we (other modders) help?

i'm dying to see more animals, and in fact ADogSaid compatibility patch is in my mind :p ^^

skullywag

im working on my other mods that are utterly broken right now (A14 was not nice to me), this is coming soon, honest. Its mostly there.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

kaptain_kavern

kebab4you

Quote from: skullywag on August 08, 2016, 06:24:59 AM
im working on my other mods that are utterly broken right now (A14 was not nice to me), this is coming soon, honest. Its mostly there.

Was it the switch to Unity 5 that caused such huge issues with updating your mods from A13->A14?

Ady

I had been mulling over the idea of drawing some animals but now I've seen this thread I think it's best if I just drown myself instead.

Helpful Bot

I would like to offer my services to you if you need any help on this. I'm a long-time modder with experience in art assets and lightly traveled in C#. All my mods for rimworld have to do with the environment so this is up my alley. I'm Helpful Bot on Steam.

kaptain_kavern

And the same goes for me. If anything just tell us :-p

skullywag

Quote from: kebab4you on August 29, 2016, 08:51:35 AM

Was it the switch to Unity 5 that caused such huge issues with updating your mods from A13->A14?

No it was some things Tynan added that had to be detoured for my mods to continue to work, this involved iterators and therefore obsfucated code so I had to look at the crap ilspy spat out and try to work out what was actually written, the equivelant of code brain surgery. Some of the guys are good at it, im still learning.

I am gonna get this out, I just have to find time and hope A15 hasnt added anymore complexities, just waiting for it to stabilise, the hashset issue has been fixed now so modding can resume, before 15c modding of any complex kind was nearly impossible.

Master Bucketsmith

Quote from: skullywag on September 03, 2016, 04:03:49 AM
Quote from: kebab4you on August 29, 2016, 08:51:35 AM

No it was some things Tynan added that had to be detoured for my mods to continue to work, this involved iterators and therefore obsfucated code so I had to look at the crap ilspy spat out and try to work out what was actually written, the equivelant of code brain surgery. Some of the guys are good at it, im still learning.

I am gonna get this out, I just have to find time and hope A15 hasnt added anymore complexities, just waiting for it to stabilise, the hashset issue has been fixed now so modding can resume, before 15c modding of any complex kind was nearly impossible.
I imagine you're stumped with work. Any sight on the release of this one?
Do you need some support with something? I'm sure there's plenty of people willing to pitch in, my self included. :)

skullywag

Kinda stuck behind the CCL wall like everyone else right now. Once that walls down ill begin updating in earnest. Need 1000101 back before I can move though.

Master Bucketsmith

Quote from: skullywag on September 20, 2016, 09:27:43 AM
Kinda stuck behind the CCL wall like everyone else right now. Once that walls down ill begin updating in earnest. Need 1000101 back before I can move though.
Even adding a bunch of animals requires CCL?
What about splintering the required CCL parts into the mod itself?