Alpha Animals (aka Vanilla Friendly Animals)

Started by A Friend, December 15, 2015, 11:00:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you want an early release? We can do that if wanted, but the animals won't have the special abilities (Like projectile attacks) that was planned for them.

Release it early, I'd like some variety now. This human leather chair that I sit on cannot hold my patience any longer.
6 (37.5%)
Heck no. Why wouldn't you want to see the Gallatross throw nuke rocks!? That's heresy!
10 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: February 10, 2016, 06:48:44 AM

kubolek01

Eat lead, walking pile of silver! (greedy Player)
I...I can't do it. Leave it alive, please!(inner soul)
It lives 200 years to end up as a jacket?!(realists mind)
If I would go to vacation in off-Earth, even fictional place, I'd choose Nibel.

Artorias

Looking forward to this mod getting updated. Doesn't even need to add something else, just an A17-A18 and i'll be more than happy :D
You know, if I ever get shipwrecked I really hope I am the only survivor that plays Rimworld.

Kirby23590

I would love to see and play with this mod!
Even in it's beta stage without the new special behaviors, i would still want see this mod someday in A18...

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

kaptain_kavern

Call me crazy but I've started an A18 update for this one (from the A15 version on github) in order to help Skullywag.

I don't know C# at all so there will be no advanced animal attacks and such but maybe it will help

I'm nearly at the point where I only have yellow errors trying to load the mod with A18
It starts with only one resilient yellow error. Haven't launched a map with the mod active but it should starts. I just need some sleep right now ;-)

Looking at posting date ... Looking at editing date ...

Ok I really need to sleep

kaptain_kavern

Couldn't resist and I tested it...

It works :p

Now I just need to test it a bit and particularly look at some of the bodies data and such... Like damage value, etc... Before sending a PR to Skullywag

... I don't know if he still around here ...

Ok, now I'm out for bed :p

PicardOrion

Long time no activity here after you updated the mod. Are you having problems contacting Skullywag?
You can pm me a link with the updated version. I can help testing it.

kaptain_kavern

The A15 release thread is here: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=26549

I willhave released a test version today - here - but honestly because of demand more than because I feel it's ready  8).

Animals mods - especially if you add lots of them - need to be balanced; in one hand you don't want to have all animals being too similar in their behaviors but on the other hand, you have to be precise for not making them fairly OP.

Tl; Dr: see the other thread linked I'll release a link to a "nightly build"/"test" version

Kirby23590

Apologies for thread or post necromancy.

But i don't know if this mod is being continued or the alpha animals will ever see the light.

The creatures are beautiful & terrifying and i would like to hear if they are still running around. I mean the artstyle is awesome & fits with the theme and the style of rimworld.

So i don't know if anyone working on this is still around...

SargBjornson

I would like to know too if this is being updated! I have a lot of time and experience with creature mods, so I can offer my help

Anastasia

very good ideas, how about a large Boomalope-like creature that was generically engineered to produce uranium in the form of quills?
Appearance:
large, cow like. with uranium quills down it's back and on the joints of its legs and alonng its long tail.
grey in color with spots of brown suggesting cancers
saddish looks large black eyes, like a horse's
stuff:
naturally peaceful, throws out it's quills when threatened. these quills are exeptionally heavy and also begin a chain reaction when thrown as they are kept unreactive by the blood of the creature, causing heavy vrushing damage and setting fires.
they live in heavy vegetation biomes since getting radioactive material from nature takes alot of eating.
can be sheared for uranium
naturally docile, does not live very long
i dont have a name for it i will let you think that up sorry
"Your ethics and philosophies mean nothing to me, all i ask is that you give me a solution that works."

Kirby23590

Quote from: SargBjornson on September 01, 2018, 02:38:29 AM
I would like to know too if this is being updated! I have a lot of time and experience with creature mods, so I can offer my help

It's been a while since kaptain_kavern posted... He may have quit playing rimworld or modding, i dunno. his last post was Dec 23, 2017.

You could ask permission from A_Friend (The creator of these animals) or Skullywag to continue the work of these awesome creatures.

Mst

It would be a shame if this one got abandoned.

SargBjornson

Just contacted A_Friend and Skullywag, let's see if they see it :)

A_MadnedSquirrel

Quote from: SargBjornson on September 07, 2018, 12:03:37 PM
Just contacted A_Friend and Skullywag, let's see if they see it :)
I would love to see this on B19 again

SargBjornson

No luck for now. Seems like it won't be possible!