Alpha Animals (aka Vanilla Friendly Animals)

Started by A Friend, December 15, 2015, 11:00:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you want an early release? We can do that if wanted, but the animals won't have the special abilities (Like projectile attacks) that was planned for them.

Release it early, I'd like some variety now. This human leather chair that I sit on cannot hold my patience any longer.
6 (37.5%)
Heck no. Why wouldn't you want to see the Gallatross throw nuke rocks!? That's heresy!
10 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: February 10, 2016, 06:48:44 AM

res34

I really Like A, but I've also kinda gotten used to C... would it be possible to make C a separate unit, like some sort of royal guard that only spawns when the hives themselves are attacked, similar to how mechanoids spawn from damaged crashed ships?

Violyte

Ooooh ^_^ Love the shadings and the way you do the colors (drool) and the animals are really neat!

res34

Just a question, but are you still open to suggestions, or are you focusing on the Megaspider retexture for now?

A Friend

Still open. I often look back at pages after finishing current things. There, I consider what can probably work and what I'd like to do sometime later.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

res34

Ok, good to hear. Since I noticed that you'd designed some new insectoids, I considered suggesting some concepts for new ones, to see if you liked any. The first one I have a bit of  description for, while the second is still conceptional. Couldn't think of a name for it which fit the naming convention for insectoids.

Megamantid for Tropical and Temperate Biomes
A large, genetically-engineered species of insectoid derived from the mantises of old Earth. Armed with two razor-sharp forelimbs, they were designed to strike quick and hard against mechanoids before they eventually went rogue. Now they run wild on countless worlds throughout the Rim, hunting man and beast alike.

Honeypot Ant-derived Insectoid
Specialized insectoid which consumes raw plant and animal matter and converts it into insect jelly for the rest of the hive to feed upon. HEAVILY GUARDED by other insectoids. Stays close to the hive and doesn't engage in combat unless provoked.

A Friend

Megaspider 2.0

If most of the complaints becomes "It doesn't look like a spider...", I'm just gonna rename it. I'm pretty content with its look so far.

Oh and I also somehow made a beefier looking version of it for some reason. I quite like it too. I might give it a similar looking head and make it a armored elite variant.
Anyways, I'm gonna go do the spelopede for now and see how it goes.

Edit: Oh and if you haven't seen them in the previous pages yet, scarabs look like these now.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

res34

Quote from: A Friend on October 01, 2016, 08:29:15 AM
If most of the complaints becomes "It doesn't look like a spider...", I'm just gonna rename it. I'm pretty content with its look so far.

Doesn't the information for the Megaspider state that it's not actually a spider?

A Friend

res34

Just found the description:

"Not actually a spider, the megaspider is a genetically-engineered giant insectoid the size of a bear. Designed for heavy work and combat, its thick chitinous armor makes it hard to kill, while its long deadly ripper-blades make it deadly."

So ya, you're totally fine, since the in-game one doesn't look like a spider to begin with, less they were going for some extremely twisted assassin spider.

O Negative

Quote from: A Friend on October 01, 2016, 08:29:15 AM
Megaspider 2.0

Oh and I also somehow made a beefier looking version of it for some reason. I quite like it too. I might give it a similar looking head and make it a armored elite variant.

For Sanghelios! Wort-Wort-Wort

*Halo Reference

But seriously, awesome work on all of this :D

A Friend

Mr.Cross

Hell Yeah, i cannot wait until this comes out and all these fantastic creatures both old and new are added. Until then i shall sit here, drool and fantasize about these wonderful creations of yours.
Claims to know most things.

A Friend

Spelopede 2.0

Rawr

skullywag

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

A Friend

Glorious