[WIP] Britnoth's experiments thus far

Started by Britnoth, December 16, 2015, 12:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leestriter

Vincent

I've been testing the new story teller, so far so good. I was wondering if you could tweak the spawning rate to be more gradual rather than one month nothing and then x raid day after days

My second try was ~30 days like the first but I think I did better than the first one (no death until 3 sapper raid back to back, no time to rebuild the wall)

Britnoth

SID does not change pathfinding, so should work fine. Give it a try.

Pyrrha is quite a bit random by design.  ;)

If it feels like the raids are much more 'clumpy' then that is what I was looking for. 30 days is quite a lot of time to get ready.  8)

zava

slightly increased difficulty makes walls pointless since enemies mine through them in a matter of seconds. Maybe it's just me but I have no idea how to defend now.

Britnoth

Undefended walls may be pointless. A few seconds can be very valuable if you are shooting at them while they do it.  ;)

The problem then becomes if they do break though, they can now use the hole in your wall as excellent cover to shoot from...

To anyone trying SID, how are the changes to AI targetting working out?

tonsrd

does Pandora dark attack numbers based on wealth or time ? or both ?

Britnoth

Pandora raids are Wealth x Colony Size x Time.

MisterVertigo

Any chance for a Hunting Alert update for A16?
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

Britnoth

MisterVertigo

"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

Alenerel

Thanks you for the update. Im interested in hunting alert and patient sanity.

What does "new zone tools" do? I checked the chaquer patern, what is it for? And the grow zone?

BTW berserk pawns seems to attack much less to friendlies in A16, they will only attack them if they are really close, like 4-5 tiles.

Britnoth

Chequer cancel was so I could easily make chessboard patterns as my flooring. :3

Lay down an area of flooring -> use the cancel tool to remove half the blueprints -> use a 2nd floor type to place blueprints where you just removed them.

The grow zone restricts the zone to a single fertility - its a quick way to select only rich soil, or normal soil but not gravel.

gendalf

patient sanity is weird, it messes the set manually priorities, when installed, and then allows for people to heal others, even if they weren't set to be doctors, even the people who can't physically heal others(because of their traits) will pick up medicine and go heal.

Britnoth

It does none of those things.

The only change to doctoring is adding the emergency flag to rescue and treatment, so doctors do not go to sleep instead of treating people.

The only work change is swapping the default priority of doctor and patient.

Nothing in my mod adds treating pawns without the doctor work type.

I suggest you check your other mods for issues.

Likif

Hi Britnothm, using SID along with some other mods I only get scythers as mechanoid enemies, no centipedes. Is it SID or some other mod, and if so, is it intentional, and if so, why?