[WIP] Britnoth's experiments thus far

Started by Britnoth, December 16, 2015, 12:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anarcraft

Hunting Alert: He had a machine gun in his hands.  All he had to do is stop constructing and shoot the mosquito.  Thank you for this!

faltonico

I don't know if it is a mod messing with things on my end, but my fucking pawns, for the life of them, can't stay in fucking bed. Not even your mod patient sanity can prevent them from getting up from bed, even when i disabled any other job but bed rest, it gets up to "wander", even when i have enabled someone to feed them at all times.
Having them sedated is too much of a micromanagement to do, given the short time the effect last compared to how long is the disease.
So, the only method i have found to be working so far for the fucks to stay on bed, is to set a surgery and forbid the materials.
Sorry for the foul language, but i can't express with my reduced vocabulary my frustration regarding that situation.

Britnoth

I'm not sure if you are trying to complain about my mod or not.  :(

Quoteeven when i disabled any other job but bed rest, it gets up to "wander"

If they are not resting when they need to, even if they have no work to do... then that sounds like you have them on forced work. That overrides all other sleep/joy/rest requirements.

Quote from: Boundir on July 28, 2017, 05:07:16 PM
Quote from: Britnoth on December 16, 2015, 12:42:37 PM
Friendly Berserk: Berserk pawns will no longer be hostile to their own faction.
a17: Updated to use mod-friendly xml.
If going berserk would you go pick a fight with a wolf or a bear? I see that state as a pawn that would more likely break stuff, throw insults and get into social fights but not try to die either :)

Implying your pawns are smart enough to not get themselves killed to begin with.

If I was berserk, I would not be making any conscious decisions by definition of the word.  :P

faltonico

ohhh!
How very intuitive! Forcing a pawn to do something during their work hours will make them do whatever the fuck they want (even if it is nothing) xD

I was not complaining about your mod BTW, just bitching about how fucked up this game is, and why i'm still playing it xDD

tigg

Are there A16 links for these? They sound great.

BlueWinds

Quote from: Britnoth on July 25, 2017, 07:43:59 AM
Anyway... did some experimenting and produced this. Feel free to test. Seems to work alright for the few minutes I tried.

WorkFlex limited to haul and clean:

Thanks! I tried out workflex, and same as Stigma, found it worked very well for haul and clean but was annoying for the other job types. Will give this new version a try and see how it plays.

Boundir

I've checked the code of Patient Sanity. It seems you don't care much about animals ;D
Was suspicious when I saw a colonist going to bed before my boomrat explode, starving.

I've added these lines in WorkGivers.xml. Don't know if it does the trick yet.

<Operation Class="PatchOperationInsert">
<xpath>*/WorkGiverDef[defName = "DoctorTendToAnimals"]/workType</xpath>
<value>
<emergency>true</emergency>
</value>
</Operation>

<Operation Class="PatchOperationReplace">
<xpath>*/WorkGiverDef[defName = "DoctorTendToAnimals"]/priorityInType</xpath>
<value>
<priorityInType>89</priorityInType>
</value>
</Operation>

Britnoth

Yeah, if I added emergency to tending animals as well I could see doctors staying up until they went crazy treating lots of slightly hurt animals...

Which btw does not include feeding them, so your doc would have went to bed with them hungry anyway. :P

Boundir

Quote from: Britnoth on August 16, 2017, 09:52:51 AM
Yeah, if I added emergency to tending animals as well I could see doctors staying up until they went crazy treating lots of slightly hurt animals...

Which btw does not include feeding them, so your doc would have went to bed with them hungry anyway. :P
Noticed that when my cow died :D Added the lines to priotarize feeding them too. My animals are life to me.
I have to think of doing more hunting I guess.

jayerbayer

Thanks a lot for your mods Britnoth, I use almost all of them. They are extremely useful

Debbonair

Would it be possible to get a new link for the haul/clean workflex version please?

Kalre

Is there any way to make pandora raids less frequent ? I dont enjoy getting raided every day :(

Kalre

Shameless bump, something like Phoebe Chillax but with the raid sizes of Pandora Dark ? :(

BlackSmokeDMax

Bumping every couple hours isn't going to help. Author hasn't posted in this thread in nearly 2 months. Sure he/she will check it the next time they stop by the forums.