[WIP] Britnoth's experiments thus far

Started by Britnoth, December 16, 2015, 12:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

silentlord

just a note, SiD doesn't play well with Combat Realism mod at all. you add both in a load order and game has a fit and throws a pop up;

Recovered from incompatible or courrupted mods errors - all mods have been disabled and can be activated again i the mods dialog.

the debug log is pure red and afew yellows and whites.

Britnoth

SID is just xml changes. If you load it first then Combat Realism, CR should just overwrite anything it needs to.

This will remove some of the loadout tweaks but still keep the raid AI changes, I would think.

silentlord

okay thanks for reply. i love the idea of SiD, so i'll change load order and report back.

thanks Britnoth, works a charm now. thank you very much.

Likif

Hi Britnoth, I've been playing with SID and Pandora Dark Extreme in a long-running game where I'm currently up to 33 colonists or so.

So the raids: I get about a billion zillion raiders (I guess about 200) with each raid, and every time they could utterly stomp me and end my colony. But inevitably at some point, they either decide to kidnap any downed colonists or just to be satisfied with the relatively meager damage they have done compared to my colony size.

I don't know if something could be done to make the raids more committed?

Also, Pandora Dark gets silly after a while, as you can maybe tell.  ;D

Britnoth

Hi,

Raiders that kidnap should also be rescuing any of their downed friends, denying you potential new recruits. It is a bit odd that they decide to kidnap just one person when you have 33 colonists, but the game arguably is not designed around having this many people. I'd be surprised if they give up without destroying a fair chunk of the base first, though.

QuoteI don't know if something could be done to make the raids more committed?

Well mechanoids don't try to kidnap.. how many do they send each raid? :3

Likif

Last time, it was about 100 scythers and 100 centipedes, I think...but they stayed put, letting me whittle them down, until a raid took out the rest, along with some of the raiders. :D

Britnoth

They stayed put? it was a normal assault raid or a ship part?

Edit, wait, 100 centipedes? SID should not be using those.... are you using another mod that changes them?

Likif

ohhh... I must have messed something up, because the first time I used the mod, the centipedes died instantly. That makes sense if they were not even supposed to be in there. Please dismiss everything I said.

squished

hi, any chance of uploading to steam workshop or is that not possible? (I sometimes play on linux which doesnt seem to support "manual" mods)

Britnoth

Sorry, I don't use steam. :)

(Nor Linux, so can't help you there either)

Deimos Rast

Quote from: squished on August 27, 2016, 02:19:59 PM
hi, any chance of uploading to steam workshop or is that not possible? (I sometimes play on linux which doesnt seem to support "manual" mods)
Linux bro here; I use both steam and manual mods just fine. PM me if you need help (so we don't clutter the thread).
Mainly came to grab SiD and Pandora. I'm terrible at the game as it is, but hey, more mods!
What's the fertility on the tilled soil by the way? Most mods go for 200%, occassionally higher (240 iirc).
#StopPluginAbuse

kaptain_kavern

Hey I just discover this thread because of here. How can I have missed this?

Just by reading the title of some I'm looking forward to test them. Thanks for the mods

kaptain_kavern

Hey thanks Britnoth, New Zone Tools mod is a real life saver.
And cleverly done/realized! What more could I ask for?

Many thanks  8)

edit : I've spread the word about your mods ;)

leestriter

Britnoth

Hi. What will what work with better pathfinding?  ???

(Updating Pandora mod to add a second storyteller... )