[WIP] Britnoth's experiments thus far

Started by Britnoth, December 16, 2015, 12:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Likif

Also, SID removes the mental debuff of a psychic ship.

Britnoth

Yes, mechanoids only get scythers in SID. Centipedes can take a lot of damage, but their default weapons cannot hit anything and their large size and slow move speed makes them ridiculously easy to kite.

That is really strange with the psychic ship part.. they are an almost exact copy of the originals so not sure why is isn't working, ill take a look.

EDIT: TIL the psychic drone mood checks only for the psychic ship by its specific name, not for any building with a drone level. Fixing.

Likif

Well, I can confirm that scythers are much more dangerous. A bunch dropped on my colony yesterday, and one of them broke down the wall to an Ancient Danger that held more scythers. RIP colony

Likif

I think maybe scythers should be worth more raid points, or whatever the value that determines raid sizes is called. I just had two centerdrops. One with a dozen shiv-armed pirates who I dealt with easily, and then another with two scythers that killed two of my seven colonists and downed a third before they were downed.

I don't know how specific this is to SID, but I think switching to scythers only for mechanoids has revealed that they are in fact underrated in terms of how difficult they are. Just a thought.

Britnoth

Scythers are valued at 160 points. In comparison merc gunners are 70, snipers 90, and heavies (the ones with rockets) are 185.

They are underrated because in vanilla raids, they mechs split up into waves of scythers and centipedes. Scythers do not take advantage of their speed and melee damage, nor do they pick a good target to shoot at letting you cheese them with a personal shield.

SID if working correctly should have them picking a target it can hit and injure, and sometimes attacking in melee if you move too close to them.

Did they rush you in melee while you were not expecting it? If you get chased down in the open without defences, even 2 scythers can mess you up.  :)

faltonico

Hello there!
Any reason why "Hunting Alert" is not officially released yet? i didn't find any problems that i could relate to it, and it worked as it said in the lid.
Nice work!

Likif

Quote from: Britnoth on March 01, 2017, 02:31:25 PM
SID if working correctly should have them picking a target it can hit and injure, and sometimes attacking in melee if you move too close to them.

Did they rush you in melee while you were not expecting it? If you get chased down in the open without defences, even 2 scythers can mess you up.  :)

I can confirm they definitely did, killed one of my colonists in one blow. :(

Also, psychic ship mental debuff works now.

There might be an issue regarding claiming ownership of abandoned siege camps. Occasionally I can do it, but most often not, even when the raid is long gone. However, I don't know if it is because of SID, haven't tested it in isolation.

Britnoth

I labelled this thread as WIP because I may change or improve a mod as the game updates. Also, I was hoping/expecting my mods here to be short term stopgaps until fixes were included in the vanilla game. Still here 4 alphas later though... so maybe 'unfinished' is not the right place for them anymore.

Being unable to claim sieges when a pawn of that faction (including prisoners) is still on the map is a known issue, not related to SID.

leestriter

Could you make a version of SID that still has centipedes? I like the mod but I miss the big guys, I'd rather have them improved or even vanilla. I can change my own files if you explain how.

Britnoth

If you go to Mods\SID\Defs\ThingDefs_Races\ and remove Races_Mechanoid.xml, centipedes will be spawned from ship parts and ancient dangers again.

If you want them as part of normal mechanoid raids as well, go to Mods\SID\Defs\FactionDefs and remove Factions_Hidden.xml.

Making centipedes effective would need changing their access to weapons entirely, as even the inferno cannon is just not effective as it is. Giving scythers a charge rifle is justified I think, given they normally have a charge lance, but to make a centipede as effective as it should be you would probably need to add a custom weapon or two, which wasn't the goal of the mod.

SID is trying to help the AI by using the tools it already has, not giving it OP gear or larger raids.  :)

leestriter

lost_RD

Hey Brit,

Disnof is doing a lag colony with Pandora, up to Summer of 5504 with 50 colonists, and sieges are broken.

https://clips.twitch.tv/SilkyTallHerringHeyGirl

The way we think it could be fixed is if sieges expanded with raid size.

https://clips.twitch.tv/DarkCorrectSnakeTriHard

Britnoth

Quotesieges are broken.

Hi Lost. This applies to any game, if you manage to amass enough wealth to get to similar raid sizes.

Pandora is a storyteller: she isn't intended to change the game in any way other than how events are spawned.

I would love to change sieges more in SID. The problem is the limit of 2 mortars per siege is both hard coded and does not decompile :(

faltonico

This would probably never happen in a normal situation but, if you draft a pawn with a mele weapon and set it to attack a downed colonist, the animal hunting warning pops up.
Just to let you know ;)

khor

Can SID be removed for existing safe ?