[WIP] Britnoth's experiments thus far

Started by Britnoth, December 16, 2015, 12:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hatti

like your comment on the pandora update ;D share your feelings...

kaptain_kavern

I don't know if you're aware of, but someone put your mod on Steam. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1207190116

Just wanted to let you know in case it's not you or something you'd wanted.

I noticed this is happening quite often now...

Anyhow, many thanks for your excellent mods

Halno

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on November 21, 2017, 10:45:00 AM
I don't know if you're aware of, but someone put your mod on Steam. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1207190116

Just wanted to let you know in case it's not you or something you'd wanted.

I noticed this is happening quite often now...

Anyhow, many thanks for your excellent mods

It's unbelievable how much this happens. and the guy that stole the mod is an agressive fuckwad too.

Anyways great quality-of-life mods, Brit. I'm taking a few lessons from your code.

Tinkerer

Kirby23590

It's very unbelievable that someone in the comments has posted some questions and to get help only to get. No an F You! by that author.

I hope your still around Britnoth! Your hunting alert and QOL-Mods are very helpful! thank you for your great mods!

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Britnoth

Thank you. I'm still around.

Considering expanding Friendly Berserk to make some of the new mental breaks a bit less ridiculous.

Canute

Just curious, don't steam got a report user function ?
The mod poster allready mention he isn't the author at the comments.
Just report him, together with his bad language it should give enough reason to block/ban him for a while.

Anarcraft

I had to disable Work Flex because my pawns would not "rest until healed".  They kept getting up to shovel snow or clean.  I had it near the bottom of the load order.  I'm running 181 mods.

Britnoth

This gives me almost nothing to go on.

What priorities were the work type and bed rest on?

What work types did this not work correctly with if not all of them?

What other mods are you using that might affect it? ie Patient Sanity?

Did you try right clicking to force rest, and if so did it work?

Anarcraft

I know, there's always so much info I didn't know where to start.  I would have bed rest set to priority 1 and cleaning set to 4.  I didn't notice any other job types that were affected.  I can provide you a complete mod list but I'll have to test this again as I've updated my pack a few times.  I do also have Patient Sanity installed.  Yes, I was doing the "rest until healed" forced rest.  I don't know about them going to bed on their own, I only noticed this issue when I was forcing them to rest.  I'll test it again and give you an update.

Britnoth

I had the same issue with a pawn not staying in bed when right clicked to force them to stay there.

Pretty sure it is an unintended interaction between patient sanity and workflex. :/

The problem here is, in an attempt to avoid pawns being job locked with workflex I disallowed resting in bed along with research, stone cutting and smelting. The thought here was so that the player could have work with a higher priority than bed rest, and the game would still respect that rather than seeing a bed within workflex range and then getting locked into resting until healed.

This does mean pawns will get out of bed to work within that range, then return to bed if no other close work is found. I think(?) that is the reasonable way to do it... you can still right click to force them.

Whether other crafting work like smithing and tailoring needs to be restricted is another thing to consider...

The reason they aren't staying in bed even when forced work to do so is likely the change patient sanity does do their AI check once they are already in bed. This is separate from work types - probably to allow the pawn to technically be doing 2 things at once? (resting in bed and watching TV). Vanilla Rimworld finally added non critical tending to patient work type, and waiting to be operated on is also in that.

Patient Sanity moves waiting for an operation back to bed rest (as the majority of operations should not be life threatening unless it is to remove an infected body part - in which case you are going to be micromanaging it anyway) yet the modded 'stay resting' check it has hasn't been changed since my first version.  :-[

Thinking of adding a specific case to stay in bed when waiting for an operation + forced rest, but not to wait without that forced order. Seems reasonable?

Anarcraft

The only thing that doesn't make sense with that is they will go to bed and rest to recover sleep but not do the same thing to heal from injury and prevent an infection (which is more critical than just recovering sleep), if I'm understanding this correctly.

Britnoth

Resting does not prevent infection, that is decided by treatment quality. They should still bed rest if there is no allowed work within the 12 tile radius like normal.

Anarcraft

No, what I mean is it indirectly prevents infection.  If they rest their injury heals faster, and the faster it heals the less time it exists (less ticks) thus less chance of getting infected.

Britnoth

Unless it has been changed recently, infection is a single check made a time period after the injury. The chance is adjusted by the treatment quality and the room they are treated in. Once treated, staying in bed shouldn't affect it. Possibly exception being wounds so small that they heal fully while resting.. but there was a minimum damage level which infections should not occur. Unsure if that is still implemented.  ???

Anyway, here is a small update to Patient Sanity for anyone unhappy with forced rest not being respected:

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]