[WIP] Britnoth's experiments thus far

Started by Britnoth, December 16, 2015, 12:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anarcraft

Hmmm, OK, perhaps what I thought was vanilla behavior was tweaked by mods as I always play with a lot of mods.  Thanks for the update!

TryB4Buy

kaptain_kavern

Downloads are in attachments in the first post

frenchiveruti

Hello Britnoth, will you add the fix for "forced" bed rest? As staying in bed for patients who will receive treatment is very crucial, specially for old pawns who won't be winning against malaria or plague so easily and resting is mainly their only chance to survive (because bed rest actually increases the "inmunity" gain speed).
Also this affects pawns who will receive an operation like installing an arm or peg leg, as they won't stay in bed until the doctor reaches them
This can be seen in any testing environment, either with or without other mods.

Britnoth

I attached an updated dll at the bottom of the previous page...

frenchiveruti

Quote from: Britnoth on December 19, 2017, 03:09:16 AM
I attached an updated dll at the bottom of the previous page...
As a suggestion, you should post in the first post... as not everyone reads a page in the middle for any thread at all.

Harry_Dicks

Not sure if I fully understand WorkFlex. So let's say I have a pawn assigned only to hauling and tailoring with hauling a higher priority than tailoring. If my pawn has to haul an item from my base to a far corner of the map, and does so, if there is a tailoring bench within 12 tiles of his hauling destination at this far corner of the map (with an active/open bill that they qualify for), will the pawn then start to work the tailor bench after the initial haul job is complete (let's say the tailor supplies are next to the bench as well), as long as the tailor bench is nearby but no other hauling jobs are? Even if there are other hauling jobs they would normally complete before going to tailor (but all hauling jobs start/end on the other side of the map)?

Sorry if that sounded confusing - I think I'm just kinda retarded and making this more complicated than it should be.. :-\

Xidas

Just a heads up, Friendlier Breaks and Slower Infestations don't have the current version number, apparently. The game is saying the intended version is "Unknown".

Britnoth

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on December 27, 2017, 04:50:22 PM
Not sure if I fully understand WorkFlex. So let's say I have a pawn assigned only to hauling and tailoring with hauling a higher priority than tailoring. If my pawn has to haul an item from my base to a far corner of the map, and does so, if there is a tailoring bench within 12 tiles of his hauling destination at this far corner of the map (with an active/open bill that they qualify for), will the pawn then start to work the tailor bench after the initial haul job is complete (let's say the tailor supplies are next to the bench as well), as long as the tailor bench is nearby but no other hauling jobs are? Even if there are other hauling jobs they would normally complete before going to tailor (but all hauling jobs start/end on the other side of the map)?

Sorry if that sounded confusing - I think I'm just kinda retarded and making this more complicated than it should be.. :-\

Correct. Distance for hauling jobs is the target to be hauled. Distance for work is the workbench the bill is at. Growing seems to work a little.. strangely though.

I could add tailoring to the list of exempted work, but I felt that was less of a continuous task than cutting 100s of stones or researching.

Quote from: Xidas on January 04, 2018, 11:19:58 PM
Just a heads up, Friendlier Breaks and Slower Infestations don't have the current version number, apparently. The game is saying the intended version is "Unknown".

Seems fine to me? Are you running the latest version?

Xidas

I'm running the latest version, and the mods themselves don't have any problems. It just brings up a log saying the version number is incorrect after loading the mods.

juliannguyen18

Same Xidas. BritUIAI is telling me version is incorrect

Andre27

WorkFlex seems to make my pawn unable to research without me disabling everything else he could do, I can have his growing at a 4 and research at 1 and he'll instead go and sow some crops rather than research.

Britnoth

Hi.

For some reason the game currently handles plant growing differently, tending to ignore any distance restriction WorkFlex has. Also this version ignores research before any other work, as that is a long term task that would otherwise keep your pawn locked into that and do nothing else.

nordus76

is this dead? anywhere to DL this mod/mods anymore?

Kirby23590

Quote from: nordus76 on August 15, 2018, 11:34:00 PM
is this dead? anywhere to DL this mod/mods anymore?

Unfortunately the DL links was removed because of the [attachment deleted by admin: too old]

:(

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.