Traders have no Uranium?

Started by Jan2607, December 16, 2015, 02:51:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jan2607

Hello,

does the Bulk Goods Trader don't sell uranium anymore?
3 of this trader type passed and no one had uranium for sell. I need uranium due to some mods and I haven't found uranium on the map yet :(

MisterVertigo

I noticed this in one of my last games as well. I thought maybe it was bad luck, but after many, many traders I never saw one with Uranium.
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

Shurp

No uranium in TraderKinds.xml.  If you want traders to sell uranium you'll have to add it yourself. 

(Note that you can usually modify an xml and it will take effect on the next save file load, you don't have to start a new game)
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

asanbr

It seems to me that some bulk traders have it and some don't. But also, on some maps they never have it. Just like on some maps I can never buy sniper rifles, or some other specific items.

I think that there's some random process at the game start which excludes some things, but I can't confirm this.

Jan2607

I think, it's because there is no uranium in TraderKinds def. I added it, and now the bulk traders sell it.
I remember that a few Alphas ago the traders sold uranium. Maybe Tynan changed this?

TLHeart

Uranium is part of raw materials, which is covered by this in the trader kind defs

<li Class="StockGenerator_Category">
        <categoryDef>ResourcesRaw</categoryDef>
        <thingDefCountRange>
          <min>2</min>
          <max>4</max>
        </thingDefCountRange>
        <price>Cheap</price>
        <totalPriceRange>
          <min>1500</min>
          <max>3000</max>
        </totalPriceRange>
      </li>

Shurp

Great -- so you have a chance of getting 2-4 units.  Hee hee.  Can't wait to start my 100 MW nuclear power plant with that :)

I consider editing the xml files to make the game more playable an essential skill.  Pirates bringing crappy slaves, combat suppliers not selling armor, etc, are just things a player awash with cash should not have to put up with.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

skullywag

no you have a chance of getting 2-4 different thingdefs with a value equal to something between those 2 price ranges.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Jan2607

Well, I played 100 days and I didn't get one trader with uranium. If you play with mods that use uranium, these very rare uranium selling traders aren't enough.
Since I changed the TraderKind I can enjoy my mods now :D

BTW: The trader appearance is a bit strange. They are really rare (okay, they were - until I noticed that you need to remove the orbital trade beacon after every trading. The traders won't come if there is some wealthy stuff in the stockpiles). And if a traders comes around, it's a trader you don't need at the moment. Slave traders when you don't have prisoners or money, weapon traders if you need building materials and bulk traders if you need weapons/cheap medicine :D

MisterVertigo

Quote from: Shurp on December 16, 2015, 05:49:44 PM
No uranium in TraderKinds.xml.  If you want traders to sell uranium you'll have to add it yourself. 

(Note that you can usually modify an xml and it will take effect on the next save file load, you don't have to start a new game)
OK, I'm trying to fix this so Uranium shows up on the bulk goods trader. I found the TraderKinds.xml, and I can see there is a class there for each resource type. I'm pretty sure I can copy/paste something like the class for Steel or something. However, I'm not sure what values to use for things like <price> and <countRange>. Any advice for that?
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

skullywag

You would have to copy one of the singledef parts and change it to uranium (the silver one that all traders have for example) its currently appearing randomly due to the resource raw category stock generator. It picks a set of items from any that use the resource raw category.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Jan2607

I did copy the plasteel def, changed the word plasteel to uranium and lowered the min and max range a bit.

This is how it looks now:

<li Class="StockGenerator_SingleDef">
        <thingDef>Plasteel</thingDef>
        <price>Cheap</price>
        <countRange>
          <min>300</min>
          <max>700</max>
        </countRange>
      </li>
      <li Class="StockGenerator_SingleDef">
        <thingDef>Uranium</thingDef>
        <price>Cheap</price>