Problem with (possibly) MODS - Debug log showing up

Started by KiriLucas, December 16, 2015, 07:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KiriLucas

Hey,
I'm having some problems playing RimWorld with mods, it seems like I'm the only one having this issue (and reporting it) since I couldn't find the solution or even someone with the same problem as me... I'll put the mods and game info/versions after I explain the problem.

The Problem: I can play without mods without having any problems, but if I decide to install a pack of mods, after I save/exit/play for some minutes, my game will run, open and load slower than usual and it will open a debug log with the following (couldn't copy the whole thing, but I'm 100% sure it's only repeating lines):

The modpack: https://github.com/ilyail3/Ultimate-Overhaul-Modpack
My RW version: Alpha 12d (0.12.914 rev777)

Yes, I did a fresh install.
Yes, I tried to install in another location.
Yes, I even format my PC (not because of this, but...)
I have Win7 (64x), 16GB of RAM, GTX Titan, no anti-virus or firewall and any other game will play nicely as it's meant to be.

I urge for help :(

TheGentlmen

Is CCL activated first?

Do you even have CCL?

Have you tried using the latest version of CCL?

PS: UOM IS DEAD!

KiriLucas

CCL = Community Core Library? If yes, I do... At least I think so, I downloaded it, extracted to the mods folder and activated... Is that what I'm suposed to do?

KiriLucas

Also, THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT: If UOM is dead, is there any other mod I can use who has the same mods? AND... If there isn't, can I play older versions of the game that are compatible with UOM?

TheGentlmen

Quote from: KiriLucas on December 16, 2015, 08:24:41 PM
CCL = Community Core Library? If yes, I do... At least I think so, I downloaded it, extracted to the mods folder and activated... Is that what I'm suposed to do?
Yes, Community Core Library. Do you have the latest? UOM has been dead for 2+ months so its certainly outdated.

Do you have a ModConfig, or are ya loading the mods in random orders? Random orders are destined to failure.
Quote from: KiriLucas on December 16, 2015, 09:38:37 PM
Also, THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT: If UOM is dead, is there any other mod I can use who has the same mods?
>>No. But MVP is close, and I think its currently the best option.
AND... If there isn't, can I play older versions of the game that are compatible with UOM?
>>NOPE. Which is why you don't play with the dead. UOM saves work with UOM . Vanilla Saves work with vinilla. MVP saves work with MVP. HCSK saves work with HCSK.

KiriLucas

Quote from: TheGentlmen (GENTZ /'jen(t)z/) on December 16, 2015, 10:23:12 PM
Quote from: KiriLucas on December 16, 2015, 08:24:41 PM
Yes, Community Core Library. Do you have the latest? UOM has been dead for 2+ months so its certainly outdated.

Do you have a ModConfig, or are ya loading the mods in random orders? Random orders are destined to failure.
Quote from: KiriLucas on December 16, 2015, 09:38:37 PM
Also, THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT: If UOM is dead, is there any other mod I can use who has the same mods?
>>No. But MVP is close, and I think its currently the best option.
AND... If there isn't, can I play older versions of the game that are compatible with UOM?
>>NOPE. Which is why you don't play with the dead. UOM saves work with UOM . Vanilla Saves work with vinilla. MVP saves work with MVP. HCSK saves work with HCSK.

Ahhh... By loading you mean activating? If so... Erhm... I just set then to 'active' on the (a to z) order they appear... It's my first time playing something (rather than Minecraft) with mods, I always prefer the vanilla (<3), so I'm kind lost... Sorry for bothering with stupid questions :(
I feel really dumb now haha
Also, thank you in advance for trying to help me so far xD
Btw... What is MVP?

Edit: Forgot to add that I do have the latest (at least the latest I found on the forum)

milon

When you enable a mod, notice the [ # ] that appears in front of the mod name.  That's the order the mod will be loaded in.  You generally want Core first and CCL 2nd (& 3rd if using its addon), then other mods after that.

Quote from: KiriLucas on December 16, 2015, 07:47:36 PM
The Problem: I can play without mods without having any problems, but if I decide to install a pack of mods, after I save/exit/play for some minutes, my game will run, open and load slower than usual and it will open a debug log...

It's usually okay to add a few small mods to a game after you've got it going.  But don't add a bunch of mods or a modpack to an existing game - that's guaranteed to cause trouble.  Instead, decide what mods you want and start a new world & colony with them already enabled.

KiriLucas

Quote from: milon on December 17, 2015, 01:24:52 AM
You generally want Core first and CCL 2nd (& 3rd if using its addon), then other mods after that.
I did that already, it did not work still :(
I do start a new game (world AND colony), and it still does not work.

TheGentlmen

Quote from: KiriLucas on December 17, 2015, 10:46:08 AM
Quote from: TheGentlmen (GENTZ /'jen(t)z/) on December 17, 2015, 09:57:24 AM
Quote from: KiriLucas on December 16, 2015, 10:32:23 PM
Btw... What is MVP?
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=16735.0;topicseen
Ohh, but... It doesn't have as much mods as UOM, does it?
It has a ton, but most of em' are under the 'ModVarietyPack' mod.

EDIT:Clearer now? PS:Under is this case means 'included inside'. Deal with it... its English...

KiriLucas

Quote from: TheGentlmen (GENTZ /'jen(t)z/) on December 17, 2015, 07:07:59 PM
Quote from: KiriLucas on December 17, 2015, 10:46:08 AM
Quote from: TheGentlmen (GENTZ /'jen(t)z/) on December 17, 2015, 09:57:24 AM
Quote from: KiriLucas on December 16, 2015, 10:32:23 PM
Btw... What is MVP?
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=16735.0;topicseen
Ohh, but... It doesn't have as much mods as UOM, does it?
It has a ton, but most of em' are under ' ModVarietyPack' mod.
What do you mean by "under"?

Edit: I did what you told me to do (activating the ccl and c before anything else), and it seems like the problem was solved... Well... Part of it, now I'm getting this:
And I think I should mention that, when I extract the mods to the MODS folder, it asks me to overwrite SOMEthings of the original Core folder... I always allow it to do so... Should I?

milon

By "under" he means "things are included in" the ModVarietyPack.  (Don't worry - we know that English is a really confusing language.)

Quote from: KiriLucas on December 17, 2015, 08:27:08 PM
And I think I should mention that, when I extract the mods to the MODS folder, it asks me to overwrite SOMEthings of the original Core folder... I always allow it to do so... Should I?

Eek!  No, you should never overwrite something in Core.  Core is what defines RimWorld.  If you change it, you can never play regular ("vanilla") RimWorld again AND you'll probably break Core while changing it.

Each mod must go in its own folder, like this:

Now that you have overwritten something in Core, you'll need to reinstall it and start over in order to fix it.

Coenmcj

Quote from: milon on December 18, 2015, 06:38:28 AM
Quote from: KiriLucas on December 17, 2015, 08:27:08 PM

Eek!  No, you should never overwrite something in Core.

Milon, it's because the mod (Speaking of English being confusing, are we talking about the MVP or UOM?) UOM, atleast, adds a 'texture pack' of sorts, which is an absolute pain in the rear to remove since the pack seems to be specifically coded in some instances to use the core files and throws a hissy fit when you don't include the new files.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

milon

I haven't used any of the mod packs, but you're saying that UOM is designed to overwrite Core?  That seems wrong to me, and I'm really glad I haven't tried it.  That kind of defeats the purpose of a mod.