Problem with (possibly) MODS - Debug log showing up

Started by KiriLucas, December 16, 2015, 07:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coenmcj

Aye, UOM overwrit core, it was only a few image files that replaced a few items like meds, metals and such. But a few of the mod items relied on images added directly to core, instead of their respective mod directories.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

KiriLucas

Hmm... Tried not overwriting (even you saying I should) and it still gave me that last message... I'm sorry for bothering you guys, but Rim World is a hell of a game, unfortunately, for the moment, I only enjoy playing it with mods because of the lack of content... I really want to fix this thing :/

TheGentlmen

Quote from: milon on December 18, 2015, 07:35:18 AM
I haven't used any of the mod packs, but you're saying that UOM is designed to overwrite Core?  That seems wrong to me, and I'm really glad I haven't tried it.  That kind of defeats the purpose of a mod.
It is wrong... I'm sure their is an 100% better option, but Ninefingers never did it.

TheGentlmen

Tsk tsk tsk... kirk... you should know better.

Screenshots for the most part have no value... I need logs and modconfigs...

If you have windows put these 2 bats in the same file then run Debug Info Grabber.
All the instructions get printed out... so don't worry.

If you got mac and linux.... well... goodluck.

[attachment deleted due to age]

KiriLucas

Quote from: TheGentlmen (GENTZ /'jen(t)z/) on December 18, 2015, 04:27:06 PM
Tsk tsk tsk... kirk... you should know better.

Screenshots for the most part have no value... I need logs and modconfigs...

If you have windows put these 2 bats in the same file then run Debug Info Grabber.
All the instructions get printed out... so don't worry.

If you got mac and linux.... well... goodluck.

I read the .bat before running it, just to be sure it would work as it should, and it did! But the .zip only came with one of the 2 files the .bat tried to zip (I think), so I had to put output_log in there on my own... I think that's all, and thanks for the time (again, for the 3rd time :P)

Ps: You're all being so kind I'm thinking about stickin in the forum after my problem is solved xD

[attachment deleted due to age]

TheGentlmen

Quote from: KiriLucas on December 19, 2015, 06:09:39 AM
--SNIP--
Prob put it in the wrong place.
Its soposed to go 1 level down, relative to Rim.exe. Ex: under mods folder...

This was the part which said so:
echo.
echo MainFolder
echo  !-RimWorld914Win.exe
echo  !Game, a reference point
echo  !-***Win_Data
echo  !Please only have ONE folder/file which ends with 'Win_Data', or else this script will bug out.
echo     !-output_log.txt
echo     !File we will need
echo  !-Gent's Bashes
echo  !Note: Name is uninportant...
echo     !-Debug Info Grabber.bat
echo     !This script
echo     !-zipjs.bat
echo     !Archive Library (thing that makes zips)
echo     !-temp
echo     !FOLDER WILL BE CLEARED. Its automaticly generated, so you don't need to make it yourself. Where we store stuff for usage.
echo     !-output
echo     !FOLDER WILL BE CLEARED. Its automaticly generated, so you don't need to make it yourself. Contains all output.
echo        !-Zipped.zip
echo        !The zip we will make which you will upload.
echo.

Anyways:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<ModsConfigData>
  <buildNumber>914</buildNumber>
  <activeMods>
    <li>Core</li>
    <li>Community Core Library</li>
    <li>Core_UOM</li>
    <li>AbilityPack</li>
    <li>AdditionalJoyObjects</li>
    <li>AlienAnts</li>
    <li>AlphaMuffaloHat</li>
---SNIP---
    <li>RW_ResearchInfo</li>
    <li>SCA11Core</li>
    <li>SeedsPlease</li>
--SNIP---

SCA11CORE is the superior crafting main part thingy... it should be loaded right after Core_UOM (I think if I recall correctly... if that doesn't work, load it after CCL)

KiriLucas

HOLY MOTHER OF COW JESUS!!!! IT WORKED!!!! I just had to do as Gentz said above plus activating first all the mods that had the word "core" on it...
Thank everyone for the help, the time and patience... Thank you very much, in special to Gentz who's helping since the beggining xD

You guys are amazing, as I said before, you were all so kind and polite that I'll be sticking around :P