Plasteel Auto turrets

Started by zlongshark, December 17, 2015, 07:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zlongshark

I've only just realised i can build plasteel auto turrets and its an massive game changer when defending mechanoids and raiders (haven't tested with tribal armies due to good relations). I find that the turrets take so much longer to be destroyed and with all the dead mechaniods there is more then enough plasteel to rebuild and store some for a rainy day.

I recommend you try them if you already haven't.
"Who would have guessed you could order beer in the outer rim of the galaxy"

Duban

Quote from: zlongshark on December 17, 2015, 07:17:05 PM
I've only just realised i can build plasteel auto turrets and its an massive game changer when defending mechanoids and raiders (haven't tested with tribal armies due to good relations). I find that the turrets take so much longer to be destroyed and with all the dead mechaniods there is more then enough plasteel to rebuild and store some for a rainy day.

I recommend you try them if you already haven't.

The way I do it is that I usually build steal turrets, and replace them with plasteel turrets as they're destroyed. This way the ones that the AI targets first and are most prone to being damaged are the ones that get the upgrade. These turrets act as shields, and it's cheaper than replacing everything with plasteel.

b0rsuk

Plasteel turrets don't hit any harder, so they're good for the first line of turrets. They're also much less flammable, you don't have to constantly exitinguish a turret with a shielded colonist. With all the extra health and reduced flammability, it can be even left burning for a long time while you take out that inferno cannon.

I think Uranium turrets have 0% flammability. But uranium is so much harder to come by...

Florius

Oh what... You can build plasteel turrets? I didn't knew that. Am going to try it right away! :)

JimmyAgnt007

Im with Duban on this.  Set them up cheap and replace the ones the AI likes to attack.  It would be nice if we could uninstall them and move them about like other things.

Luckless

Quote from: JimmyAgnt007 on December 18, 2015, 11:47:53 AM
Im with Duban on this.  Set them up cheap and replace the ones the AI likes to attack.  It would be nice if we could uninstall them and move them about like other things.

Or tanks... Take the fight to them!

zlongshark

Good point Duban. I only have about 8 which are plasteel which are exactly as you described, the front line of attack. though sometimes the raiders land in my base (directly on top of my kitchen). I also find the flammability so much easier to manage!
"Who would have guessed you could order beer in the outer rim of the galaxy"