More raids?

Started by Florius, December 18, 2015, 10:19:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Florius

Hi guys,

I've played several games where I've had 17+ colonists, and quite a base.
However, after a while there just don't come any more raids. Is there any way to force the story teller to send more raids in a random way, not the development way?
It's not just this game that raids don't seem to happen anymore, I've had at least three, and it gets quite borring this way.

zlongshark

What difficulty are you playing on?
"Who would have guessed you could order beer in the outer rim of the galaxy"

NightingaleSGT

Try to increase your colony wealth. check to see if your colonists have a mood effect of "Extremely low expectations' or 'low exceptions' (Or you can just check your wealth in the statistics), if the mood effect is there, your wealth is low and you won't be raided as much.

Florius

Wealth was just fine. Are raids really affected by moods?
Or only the low expectation mood? And how do they get /get rid of the mood?

NightingaleSGT

Raids are not affected by moods, it's just that the 'Low expectations' moodlets are the easiest indicators of your colony wealth. The only way to get rid of the moods is to increase your colony wealth. If your wealth is fine, then try to start a faction war with your visitors. unless the mechanic was changed or I have really bad luck, whenever I start a faction war with the 'friendlies', I usually get attacks by them every few days.

If that doesn't work, then i'm out of ideas.

Dodging Rain

I don't want to be that guy but make sure your storyteller isn't Phoenix or (mod) Fiona.  Silly mistakes happen.

Is it actually possible for Randy to have an unexpectedly long lull period?

TLHeart

Quote from: Dodging Rain on December 19, 2015, 09:29:01 PM
I don't want to be that guy but make sure your storyteller isn't Phoenix or (mod) Fiona.  Silly mistakes happen.

Is it actually possible for Randy to have an unexpectedly long lull period?

Randy is programmed to have 23 days of no raids.

Florius

I have Cassandra classic on medium, but set her half way trough the game to max.
But I guess I have to try Randy Random once, see if that brings more fun (FUN for the DF players ^^ )!

Hopefully it just gets improved as the game develops. We'll see.