designating animal areas

Started by timeandtherani, January 03, 2016, 01:06:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timeandtherani

I'm probably missing something obvious, but I can't figure out how to designate animal areas.  I go into the menu to put Alpaca 1 (or whatever) into the animal area 1, but I don't see a way to let me select a place to put animal area 1 or even show me if/where animal area 1 already exists.  Please tell me what I'm not seeing?  Thanks.

Xav

If I recall correctly, it has been a month or so since I've played the Rim :o

I think there is a tab called Animals.  In that window, you can specify which area you'd like your animals to dwell in.

skullywag

there is also a designation tool that allows you to add and delete areas, it has options to select when you click it to "manage areas" as well.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

timeandtherani

No, that's what I'm trying to say.  I found all those buttons, I can add an area fine, but I can't find how to actually set an area of land for my animals. Like, you can set a growing zone or a stockpile zone, but how can I click and drag an animal zone?

Shabazza

Click the "Architect -> Zones" button and there the "Extend allowed area" button.
There you can select an existing one (by default there is an "Animal zone 1" or similar (don't know how it's called exactly in the english UI)),
or you can create a new one there by clicking "Manage areas..." and drag it like any area.
Then you can set the animals allowed areas in the "Animals" tab to that area.

timeandtherani

Thank you!  That's what I was looking for.  I'll do it and let you know how it goes.  Thank you again!

skullywag

Sorry i should have clarified what i meant by designation tool. That was exactly what i was telling you.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?