August 5503- Never forget.

Started by Duban, December 22, 2015, 11:42:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duban

On one fateful summer day 25-30 man hunting boomalope came for the colony. If there's one thing the colonists had learned it's that you don't mess with 30 angry boomalope. They took the normal precautions, shut down the turrets, stayed safe inside, and waited the attack out. All seemed well, until the toxic fallout began to rain.

The colonists prayed that the boomalope would lose interest before the poison took effect, but alas. It was not so. As the boomalope burst they laid waste to the colony's defenses. Even worse, an eventful explosion burned down the gate leading inside. The remaining 15-20 boomalope flooded the colony.

The following days were a blur of fire and explosions. The colonists fled to the mountains as hell rained down on the colony outside. Eventually the explosions grew quiet, and the colonists emerged. They found their colony in ruins, their defenses gone, their crops turned to ash, their food stockpile burned to the ground, their livestock cooked, and their spirits shattered. Everything was gone.

The colonists survived, and thanked the gods nobody was hurt. Their thanks would not last. You see, pirates had witnessed the destruction from the nearby mountain. They witnessed chaos, and came for the crippled colony. The colonists grabbed their remaining firearms and put up a valiant fight, but not before losing 3 colonists in the ensuing gunfight. Another 2 would starve before everything was said and done. Nearly a third of the colony had perished that season. The survivors would endure, but nothing would ever be the same.

MisterVertigo

I'm at a loss for words.... :(

/salute
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

skullywag

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Bruvvy