Fu** You phoebe chillax

Started by ThePhoenix007, December 22, 2015, 03:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThePhoenix007

If you don't want me to play, fine.  I won't play you anymore, since you adamantly refuse to let my colonists eat.... I figured I'd random the location.. mountains and ice... great.. immediately dig cave, research hydro...  after slaughtering the god damn dog that kept eating my crops. The power blew... right before dark... yay.. harvest dead... again... rebuild, keeping good balance of power... thank god for a cargo drop. Living on Ramen noodles at this point... harvest ready.... blight. 1 plant left.  Replant... regrow.. one colonist kills a lone raider and eats his meal the rest incapacitated from malnutrition.... harvest ready.. start harvesting boom power blows again, right before dark. Got 2 plants.. fuck you phoebe. /ragequit. 

jzero

wow. that sucks, once i got a crop almost ready, it was a winter and freezing , everyone was starving. And then i got a blight followed by a massive raid immediately after that, causing my colony to be destroyed because half the people were incapacitated by that time. Oh and you always could of maybe, i dunno, snacked on a few people. That's always an option ;)
Actual cannibal shia labeouf.

Austupaio

Sounds like you need to hunt more, I keep a couple of hydroponics tables growing rice and that's it, I never have issues. I just grow rice for variety's sake in meals.

skullywag

also set your pets to not be allowed into your grow areas.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Shurp

Also you should load the auto-save if the Random Event Generator does something stupid.  why waste a good colony?
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

zandadoum

i never use hidroponics as main source of food.

find some soiled ground, build a greenhouse around it. problem solved. solar flare? no biggie, plants won't die from it.

ThePhoenix007

Quote from: Austupaio on December 22, 2015, 04:17:40 PM
Sounds like you need to hunt more, I keep a couple of hydroponics tables growing rice and that's it, I never have issues. I just grow rice for variety's sake in meals.

No hunting in the coldest biomes. No animals to hunt.

ThePhoenix007

Quote from: zandadoum on December 23, 2015, 03:27:24 AM
i never use hidroponics as main source of food.

find some soiled ground, build a greenhouse around it. problem solved. solar flare? no biggie, plants won't die from it.

Yeah I read that this morning,  gonna try it later.

Duban

Ouch. You know you don't need hydroponics to grow on ice sheets or deserts, right? There is a thin sliver of gravel on the border between mountains and the ice sheet. If you can get it a source of light and heat you can grow on the gravel without having to research hydroponics.

N0xiety

Don't forget to use 2 thick walls and doors for your greenhouse. This is usefull for both keeping heat in or out whichever you are trying to do.

N0xiety

I am playing on Phoebe extreme in a -95c winter ice sheet and i must say it is not easy at all... She just sent a ship part while a volcanic winter was going on and outside temprature was about -120c. I couldn't send people in power armor since even in that they were freezing to death so i mortared it and about 30 centipides with 25 scythers came out... Yeahhhhh.... Then she starts a solar flare on top of it and all my crops die and my guys are freezing in their legendary devlistrand parkas at -125c while going crazy from the psychic ship... Yup its CHILLAX allright PHOEBE so CHILLAX :)

TLHeart

Have to understand that phoebe will send just as many events at you as Cassandra will. Phoebe uses all the other events more, and raids less, which means you will get more solar flairs, more zzzts, more heat/cold waves, toxic fall outs, volcanic winters, but hey you don't get suicidal raiders every 5 days.