Colonists don't use table for eating

Started by Jan2607, December 22, 2015, 06:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jan2607

Hello,

below I attached a screenshot. Maybe you can explain me, why some of my colonists are eating on the floor. Actually, I've 4 colonists. They have one bedroom, you can see it on the bottom, right corner. The dining room is left (you can see the table).
My food storage is the room left of my dining room.

Every day when my colonists want to eat something, 2 of my colonists are going to the table and eat there. The 2 other colonists eat where ever they are standing at this moment. Sometimes they are eating in their bedroom, sometimes they are eating  outdoors. Everyone has a meal in his inventory. After eating they go to the food storage and take another one.

Why are only 2 of them eating at the table? I you look at my screenshot, you can see, that it is a small table, 2x2. 4 colonists can eat on this table and it has 4 stools. All 4 colonists could seat at the table. But this 2 colonists don't want to sit there even if the 2 others left their seats and went away.

I noticed a few alphas ago that colonists are only eating at the table, if the food is storaged nearby. That's the reason why I build the storage next to the dining room.
But since they have meals in their inventory, not everyone uses tables.

They could eat at the table, on a stool, but they don't - and then they complain about eating from the floor. ARGH!

[attachment deleted due to age]

skullywag

If the foods on their person and they are far from the table theyll just drop down and eat. Load a save find a guy with food in his inv or watch them and see if its the guys prepacking meals that are eating off the floor.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Jan2607

But this bedroom is not far away from my table and I've seen colonists who are eating from the floor in the bedroom.

milon

That is odd.  Are you running Alpha 12?  Any mods?

My colonists will travel much further than your bedroom-to-table distance to eat, but I also have the table next to the freezer (where I keep my meals).  If it keeps happening, consider building table & chairs in/near the bedroom.

skullywag

Out of interest is it always the same 2 chairs that get taken? Try moving some chairs or set up another table.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

ShellShock220

Have you tried moving the table or looking at the areas they are allowed in.

ison

I think it's because the table is too far away from their bedrooms. Not sure it's a bug.