How Do I Take RimWorld To A Blank Slate?

Started by The13thRonin, November 07, 2016, 10:24:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The13thRonin

I'd like to build a total overhaul from the ground up (starting very small). However it is hard to do this with all the vanilla content already in the way. Is there an easy way to remove all of the vanilla content except what is absolutely essential for the game to start up (all technology, all items, etc).

RawCode

there is no "easy" way eg no "do awesome mod" button.

The13thRonin

Quote from: RawCode on November 07, 2016, 10:38:43 AM
there is no "easy" way eg no "do awesome mod" button.

I'm quite aware of that. But I thought someone might have knowledge of what to remove and what not to remove.

RawCode

you can remove absolutely completely anything, but some defs have references from code, if removed, you must also modify code, that expects them to be.

The13thRonin

Quote from: RawCode on November 07, 2016, 11:04:59 AM
you can remove absolutely completely anything, but some defs have references from code, if removed, you must also modify code, that expects them to be.

Do you know which?

Backup /Mods/Core/Defs then delete said directory and start the game.  It will quickly tell you what's missing that is linked to directly from code.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.