[A15] Heavy defences 0.87 (09/09/2016)

Started by The_Fallen_One, December 24, 2015, 02:20:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Fallen_One

Heavy Defences

Description:

**Description update soon**

A small mod that adds a number of defences. It is in its early stages so any feedback is highly appreciated. I am planning on adding more turrets, artillery, colonist weapons and defensive barriers.

Currently, I have created 5 new turrets and 6 artillery pieces. The improved turret, advanced turret, minigun turret, laser turret, flamethrower turret, the total destruction version of the minigun turret, the heavy artillery (variants: standard, incendiary, E.M.P. and rapid fire), the rocket artillery and the rapid fire artillery version for total destruction. The improved turret has a higher fire rate, higher burst count, slightly more range and more health than the vanilla turret and the advanced turret further this. The minigun turret has poor accuracy but an extremely high fire rate, The laser turret is the opposite, with a high accuracy but relatively low fire rate. The heavy artillery is more accurate, more damaging and has a slightly faster reload time, The different variants show their damage type and the rapid fire shoots multiple smaller projectiles. The rocket artillery fires a volley of 6 highly explosive rockets and requires no ammunition and is fully automated. There are research projects to unlock the respective structures.

This mod also adds some new traps to slow and kill you invaders. There are the new heavy dead fall trap and the shallow boggy marsh tiles now added to do this as well as an E.M.P. I.E.D. to deal with those pesky mechanoids. The heavy deadfall trap has a higher chance to activate and kill and the bog tiles slow down anything that travels over it.

Also it adds some new, stronger walls, doors and sandbags that allows for more resistance against attacks, especially sapper attacks where they will quickly burrow through normal walls, but not these.

There are also some new guns that have been added to the game. The junker (cheap and pretty much useless), the double barrelled shotgun with a sawn off variant (similar to the pump shotgun but with a few stat changes and 2 shots), the flamer and heavy flamer (flamethrowers that set the ground and targets on fire (heavy flamer shoots more and faster but reduced movement speed)), the grenade launcher (launches explosive projectiles that explode on impact) and the plasma rifle (a charge rifle esq sniper rifle).

---Total Destruction---

Total destruction is a small endgame research option that used my first few attempts at modding each of the defence types (and massively overshooting their strength) that requires the rest of my research paths to be completed. It includes some defences designed to decimate anything that fights you.

The minigun - A minigun that instantly locks on and fires at your enemy dealing fast and high damage. Great for dealing with swarms of enemies as it has no cool down and will continually mow through your enemies.

The artillery - An artillery piece with a rapid fire barrel. It shoots 5 shells, requires no ammunition and has a very quick cool down and a large shell explosion. Leaves gaping holes in an assault force any almost ensures victory if used.

The land'nuke' - A landmine with a large explosion. Stand back, this is your only warning.

If anybody has any feedback or requests on what I should add in future, feel free to ask!

If you wish to add this to a mod pack, please ask for my permission first.

0.77 is for A12 and features my gun crafting system, which I removed in 0.78 for A13 in favour of the new core system.

Author
The_Fallen_One

Download
http://www.nexusmods.com/rimworld/mods/104/?tab=1&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Frimworld%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D104%26preview%3D&pUp=1

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

Credits

skullywag for his amazing code for flame-throwers which without mine would not work.
Me-"I'm learning other languages to help me code"
Both teachers-"No don't"

Encouragement at it finest.

Creator of the heavy defences mod

shahrukh

Mechanoid Hivemind

Can you give a rapid fire mortar? that burst fires 3 rounds? a little less accurate, than the vanilla one?
and a flame thrower turret? please, you will complete my enhanced vanilla gameplay
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

The_Fallen_One

Quote from: Mechanoid Hivemind on December 25, 2015, 08:19:06 AM
Can you give a rapid fire mortar? that burst fires 3 rounds? a little less accurate, than the vanilla one?
and a flame thrower turret? please, you will complete my enhanced vanilla gameplay

I am planning on adding a rapid fire mortar already, however that flamethrower is a good idea so I will look into it.
Both teachers-"No don't"

patbiker

Sounds cool! That would be great a electrified barbed wire or Somme sort,explosive charges where you activate with a terminal or a detonator that you must buy or get. love the texture of the turrets by the way that show there advanced or improved in ways than looking military-grade nice looking which is good too.go on like that!

The_Fallen_One

Quote from: patbiker on December 25, 2015, 02:38:28 PM
Sounds cool! That would be great a electrified barbed wire or Somme sort,explosive charges where you activate with a terminal or a detonator that you must buy or get. love the texture of the turrets by the way that show there advanced or improved in ways than looking military-grade nice looking which is good too.go on like that!

Thanks texturing isn't my strong point! Also It would be interesting to try and have a go at creating electric fence and remote explosives. It would be very useful. I will see if I can make the explosives like they were in alpha 6 (I think).
Both teachers-"No don't"

Patrykbono20

The_Fallen_One

Quote from: Patrykbono20 on January 03, 2016, 10:59:28 AM
Compatybile with Turret Collection ?

I believe so but I have not tested. The only possible compatibility error I can think of may be key bindings being the same.
Both teachers-"No don't"

The_Fallen_One

Sorry for the long delay on the next update, working on something special, so special the game dies every time I try to make it work. And with no errors so I cant figure out the problem! Please stand by while I continue to try and fix.
Both teachers-"No don't"

IndustryStandard

Hm. My personal suggestion is a lazer turret.

But don't make it one of those cheap ones that shoots beams, I mean have it function like something out of StarWars

In comparison to a normal turret, it can have a bit higher power draw (don't overdo it like the turret mod) lower damage but much high fire rate.

GuesUserNameGUN

for the lazer turret idea, maybe it can have a long cool down but it does heaps of damage and hits people in a line? and the damage would be burn damage, because anything else would be too op. so burn damage everywhere, draws ALOT of power when you fire, but uses half a normal turrets power when not firing. and by firing, im talking about a big burst of energy maybe 3 secs long?

The_Fallen_One

Hi guys, here with a quick update. It has been a while since I have posted and I thought that I should let you know that I am still experiencing some problems with the creation of this mod, namely adding in more artillery is preventing any modded artillery from working and the flame thrower turret I am working on is well, no shooting flames despite every attempt that I have made to make it shoot fire. These are not the same problems as I was having before as the game was no recognising my mod before so I have made quite a bit of progress since. I was wandering whether I should temporarily shelve these projects and move onto different turrets (yes like the laser one that I have had a couple of requests for). Please leave a comment on what you guys think I should do below.

Thanks for understanding,
                                      The_Fallen_One
Both teachers-"No don't"

GuesUserNameGUN

for the flamethrower, you could do it like a fast firing mini mortar that is highly accurate and shoots fire bombs. might work better like that. but not too OP

linkman1234963

Quote from: GuesUserNameGUN on January 23, 2016, 05:58:09 AM
for the flamethrower, you could do it like a fast firing mini mortar that is highly accurate and shoots fire bombs. might work better like that. but not too OP
if i remember correctly a flame thrower can be achieved by using a gun with super high rate of fire, and barley any range. and using a force low accuracy to simulate spread.

The_Fallen_One

Quote from: linkman1234963 on January 23, 2016, 04:43:51 PM
if i remember correctly a flame thrower can be achieved by using a gun with super high rate of fire, and barley any range. and using a force low accuracy to simulate spread.

That was what I was hoping to achieve however there was no ignition on the shots. Turns out setting damage as fire and having an incediary blast on it doesn't work so I might have to make it mini explosions from a mortar instead of a turret. I believe its to do with how the  mortar and turrets are treated differently. Will give it a shot soon.
Both teachers-"No don't"