[A15] Heavy defences 0.87 (09/09/2016)

Started by The_Fallen_One, December 24, 2015, 02:20:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GuesUserNameGUN

also, what about more defenses? not just turrets, but different fences, bulletproof walls, bunkers, embrasures, barbed wire ( to slow the enemy) mines, etc

The_Fallen_One

Quote from: GuesUserNameGUN on February 22, 2016, 03:10:16 AM
also, what about more defenses? not just turrets, but different fences, bulletproof walls, bunkers, embrasures, barbed wire ( to slow the enemy) mines, etc

Most of what you have mentioned it on my list of what I would like to start doing for the next update, also I forgot to mention about the stronger walls and doors and stuff that I added, ill just update that now. Thanks for reminding me.
Me-"I'm learning other languages to help me code"
Both teachers-"No don't"

Encouragement at it finest.

Creator of the heavy defences mod

ButteryButters

I am not sure if its this mod, Turret Collection, or Auto Turrets but one of the three seems to make it impossible for me to use a hopper with mortars and I don't have a specific "Ammo Hopper" item. When I try to place a hopper near a mortar I get an error like "Must be placed near an object that requires a hopper".

Have you had this error? My guess is that its a compatibility error between these three mods. I haven't had a chance to properly troubleshoot it yet.
Ewe revenge leads to dead colony, first ever Rimfail

The_Fallen_One

Quote from: ButteryButters on February 23, 2016, 10:23:50 AM
I am not sure if its this mod, Turret Collection, or Auto Turrets but one of the three seems to make it impossible for me to use a hopper with mortars and I don't have a specific "Ammo Hopper" item. When I try to place a hopper near a mortar I get an error like "Must be placed near an object that requires a hopper".

Have you had this error? My guess is that its a compatibility error between these three mods. I haven't had a chance to properly troubleshoot it yet.

I haven't thought about hopper functionality so I will have a go at making the artillery hopper compatible soon. Also this mod is a collection of defensive structures, mostly turrets at the moment but I am working on expanding this so it heads deeper into other defensive options.
Both teachers-"No don't"

ButteryButters

Quote from: The_Fallen_One on February 23, 2016, 11:11:37 AM
Quote from: ButteryButters on February 23, 2016, 10:23:50 AM

I haven't thought about hopper functionality so I will have a go at making the artillery hopper compatible soon. Also this mod is a collection of defensive structures, mostly turrets at the moment but I am working on expanding this so it heads deeper into other defensive options.

I'll be honest the turrets are fun but nothing has saved my colonists more then those bogs. I tile wide hallway about 10 long filled with bog and just leave a reinforced door for you to walk out of. The AI sees the unobstructed way pf the bog as safer then bashing down a high health door and they all funnel into turret fire.  That literally saved my colony during a fallout event where we couldn't leave the indoors safely and I got a poison ship and large tribal raid at the same time. I hope traps are more expanded on and that my colonists hit them less >.< RIP my wardens jaw.

*EDIT*

I don't think its your mod, I spent about 2 hours trying to fix compatibility yesterday (turns out all I had to do was remove NoCleaningPlease xD)

Anyway the only weapons mods I have now are Rimsensal, Rimfire, More Vanilla Turrets, GlitterTech, and High Caliber. I worked around the issue by using MD2 Deep Storage Units and setting them to just hold mortars
Ewe revenge leads to dead colony, first ever Rimfail

GuesUserNameGUN

with the new update coming soon, i was wondering, what about stun turrets for the prison breaks? turrets that shoot 2 shots that can knock people unconsios and do little damage. any armour completely blocks the shots however to nerf it against raiders. or mabye traps that could have the same affect? batons or stun guns? plenty of options here, i just need it for those prison breaks.

The_Fallen_One

Quote from: GuesUserNameGUN on April 03, 2016, 10:09:24 PM
with the new update coming soon, i was wondering, what about stun turrets for the prison breaks? turrets that shoot 2 shots that can knock people unconsios and do little damage. any armour completely blocks the shots however to nerf it against raiders. or mabye traps that could have the same affect? batons or stun guns? plenty of options here, i just need it for those prison breaks.

It is something I'm working on in the background, but unfortunately it wont be in the next update as my focus is on something that is nearly completed, but I'm just ironing out a few bugs to make sure that it works properly. Stun weapons are planned for the update after that however providing I can get them working reliably.
Both teachers-"No don't"

GuesUserNameGUN

Quote from: The_Fallen_One on April 05, 2016, 10:31:37 AM
Quote from: GuesUserNameGUN on April 03, 2016, 10:09:24 PM

It is something I'm working on in the background, but unfortunately it wont be in the next update as my focus is on something that is nearly completed, but I'm just ironing out a few bugs to make sure that it works properly. Stun weapons are planned for the update after that however providing I can get them working reliably.
if you do them, you gotta make sure they arent too OP. maybe do it like a dart gun, with it affecting the targets conciousness? and if you shoot them too many times it can do an "overdose" which would kill them? and also maybe a trap that does the same, or one that does blunt force.

The_Fallen_One

So with the release of A13 I will be updating this mod to work with it and release it as soon as I can. Unfortunately A13 breaks the entire mod, but I will try and see if I can fix it. Anyway I will now be uploading the now finished version for A12 but it wont be a main file so you have to look for the file in the file history if you want it for A12.

UPDATE

So the last month of programming has been implementing my own gun crafting system, and I look at some of the conflicts with A13 and what do I see? GUNCRAFTING! So I will have to transfer all of what I can salvage of my code and transfer it into the next version to work along the core version.

Little bit annoying but no doubt it works better than my system so I'm glad it is in. I just wish it was on the planned features list so I would then have focused on stun weapons. Oh well.
Both teachers-"No don't"

The_Fallen_One

Update is finished, will likely upload in a couple of hours.
Both teachers-"No don't"

NephilimNexus

ShellShock220

Hi, the download is a .rar and my computer seams unable to uncompress or format in any way? Any advice would be appreciated.

The_Fallen_One

Quote from: ShellShock220 on April 10, 2016, 06:12:19 AM
Hi, the download is a .rar and my computer seams unable to uncompress or format in any way? Any advice would be appreciated.

Do you have any uncompressing programs on your computer? e.g. winrar (what I use) or 7 zip (if so change file type to a .zip). If you do have any it might be that there is a problem with with your uncompressing program. If you don't have one it is the only way to open it as far as I'm aware, so it might be a good idea to get one as most downloads store files compressed to save space and reduce download times.

Let me know if this helps or if there is anything else I can do to help.
Both teachers-"No don't"

XxMSWShadowxX

Quote from: ShellShock220 on April 10, 2016, 06:12:19 AM

OS' programs for WinRAR by RARLab (official site): http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

Linux Version: http://www.rarlab.com/rar/rarlinux-5.3.0.tar.gz
Linux (64bit Version): http://www.rarlab.com/rar/rarlinux-x64-5.3.0.tar.gz
Mac OSX: http://www.rarlab.com/rar/rarosx-5.3.0.tar.gz
Windows (32bit): http://www.rarlab.com/rar/wrar531.exe
Windows (64bit): http://www.rarlab.com/rar/winrar-x64-531.exe

If you are unsure about what version your pc is, then grab the 32bit version as it wont over allocate or crash a 64bit or 32bit pc whilst 64bit may do this to a 32bit machine.
Virtus, honor, victoria, qualis fides magnatorum effodit.

w00d

Link on first page does not work, clicking on it sends you to the Description page. Navigating abit and trying to dl from nexus even with an account, it does not download