[A15] Heavy defences 0.87 (09/09/2016)

Started by The_Fallen_One, December 24, 2015, 02:20:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Fallen_One

Quote from: w00d on April 10, 2016, 08:56:31 PM
Link on first page does not work, clicking on it sends you to the Description page. Navigating abit and trying to dl from nexus even with an account, it does not download

The manual download button is in the middle - top right in green and you can also find the download under the file section with the older versions if you wish to use them.
Me-"I'm learning other languages to help me code"
Both teachers-"No don't"

Encouragement at it finest.

Creator of the heavy defences mod

Takamiki

question is it possible to only get the turrets? cause i find those nice  but don't really need the weapons (more so in enemy hands) and i am already using high caliber and rimfire for more weapons

FrankDrebin

So whats the difference between normal vanilla turret and improved turret and advanced turret? more damage? more accurate? speed? what?

MarineStardust

FrankDrebin

Suggestion: I would love a feature that is already at some furniture, "reinstall at", could relocate turret(s) as want, without deconstructing it and losing some of materials.

The_Fallen_One

Quote from: Takamiki on April 11, 2016, 11:49:08 AM
question is it possible to only get the turrets? cause i find those nice  but don't really need the weapons (more so in enemy hands) and i am already using high caliber and rimfire for more weapons

I would have to separate the guns from the main mod or create another version without them in I will probably have a look into it tomorrow. However if you open up the mod folder, go into defs, thingefs and then delete the Weapons_guns.xml file that will remove them from the game.
Both teachers-"No don't"

The_Fallen_One

Quote from: FrankDrebin on April 11, 2016, 12:52:03 PM
So whats the difference between normal vanilla turret and improved turret and advanced turret? more damage? more accurate? speed? what?

The different turrets have different properties, for example, the improved turret has an increased shot damage, increased health, increased range and a higher shot count per burst. The advanced turret furthers this.
Both teachers-"No don't"

The_Fallen_One

Quote from: MarineStardust on April 11, 2016, 01:18:21 PM
what about a shotgun turret?

Good idea I'll give it a shot for the next update.
Both teachers-"No don't"

The_Fallen_One

Quote from: FrankDrebin on April 11, 2016, 02:15:01 PM
Suggestion: I would love a feature that is already at some furniture, "reinstall at", could relocate turret(s) as want, without deconstructing it and losing some of materials.

A13 took out a few features from how the turrets can receive player command (they no longer can receive targeting) and I was planning on re-adding that feature and possibly look into other features that I could add along side, and I think that would be quite useful so I will have a go at doing it.
Both teachers-"No don't"

MarineStardust

are any of those turret good at long range shooting and i don't really care about the hand held weapon.
any way you can make all the turret in a mod by itself, just asking

MarineStardust

ignore my second question, i saw your response to Takamiki but i am asking my first question if any of the turret have the range of a sniper. if there no turret that have the range of a sniper then i am sticking to the mod ~More Vanilla Turrets~ since it have a shotgun and sniper turret

carpediembr

Dont take this as a bad comment, but I found the artillery and turrets a bit unbalanced.

They dont cost too much, dont require ammo and have incredible range/damage.

I'd pump the resource a bit and add components to the crafting as well.

The_Fallen_One

Quote from: MarineStardust on April 12, 2016, 09:14:55 PM
ignore my second question, i saw your response to Takamiki but i am asking my first question if any of the turret have the range of a sniper. if there no turret that have the range of a sniper then i am sticking to the mod ~More Vanilla Turrets~ since it have a shotgun and sniper turret

There is the laser turret with high damage and a very long range. I am also planning on adding some other long range turrets soon.
Both teachers-"No don't"

The_Fallen_One

Quote from: carpediembr on April 13, 2016, 06:53:33 AM
Dont take this as a bad comment, but I found the artillery and turrets a bit unbalanced.

They dont cost too much, dont require ammo and have incredible range/damage.

I'd pump the resource a bit and add components to the crafting as well.

The next update is going to focus on bug fixes and rebalancing rather than new features as A 13 removed some feature and broke others. Hopefully they shouldn't be too overpowered in the next update.
Both teachers-"No don't"

The_Fallen_One

Uploaded a version of the current mod without the guns in for people who use other mods or just prefer the core guns
Both teachers-"No don't"