[A15] Heavy defences 0.87 (09/09/2016)

Started by The_Fallen_One, December 24, 2015, 02:20:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GuesUserNameGUN

Quote from: The_Fallen_One on April 11, 2016, 04:45:30 PM
Quote from: FrankDrebin on April 11, 2016, 02:15:01 PM
Suggestion: I would love a feature that is already at some furniture, "reinstall at", could relocate turret(s) as want, without deconstructing it and losing some of materials.

A13 took out a few features from how the turrets can receive player command (they no longer can receive targeting) and I was planning on re-adding that feature and possibly look into other features that I could add along side, and I think that would be quite useful so I will have a go at doing it.
if you re-add that feature, it needs a nerf. maybe add some research to do it, or maybe you could do it like a colonist has to operate a building for you to do it?

The_Fallen_One

Quote from: GuesUserNameGUN on April 16, 2016, 06:11:59 AM
Quote from: The_Fallen_One on April 11, 2016, 04:45:30 PM
Quote from: FrankDrebin on April 11, 2016, 02:15:01 PM
Suggestion: I would love a feature that is already at some furniture, "reinstall at", could relocate turret(s) as want, without deconstructing it and losing some of materials.

A13 took out a few features from how the turrets can receive player command (they no longer can receive targeting) and I was planning on re-adding that feature and possibly look into other features that I could add along side, and I think that would be quite useful so I will have a go at doing it.
if you re-add that feature, it needs a nerf. maybe add some research to do it, or maybe you could do it like a colonist has to operate a building for you to do it?

The auto-aim feature will probably only be on more advanced turrets that can be justified in having their own auto-targeting system.
Me-"I'm learning other languages to help me code"
Both teachers-"No don't"

Encouragement at it finest.

Creator of the heavy defences mod

w00d

Quote from: The_Fallen_One on April 11, 2016, 11:21:43 AM
Quote from: w00d on April 10, 2016, 08:56:31 PM
Link on first page does not work, clicking on it sends you to the Description page. Navigating abit and trying to dl from nexus even with an account, it does not download

The manual download button is in the middle - top right in green and you can also find the download under the file section with the older versions if you wish to use them.

none of them work , clicking on the manual download gives me a white page with your description

clicking on the file checking gives me this page as well

http://www.nexusmods.com/rimworld/ajax/moddescription/?id=104&preview=

The_Fallen_One

Quote from: w00d on April 20, 2016, 12:23:50 AM
Quote from: The_Fallen_One on April 11, 2016, 11:21:43 AM
Quote from: w00d on April 10, 2016, 08:56:31 PM
Link on first page does not work, clicking on it sends you to the Description page. Navigating abit and trying to dl from nexus even with an account, it does not download

The manual download button is in the middle - top right in green and you can also find the download under the file section with the older versions if you wish to use them.

none of them work , clicking on the manual download gives me a white page with your description

clicking on the file checking gives me this page as well

http://www.nexusmods.com/rimworld/ajax/moddescription/?id=104&preview=
This looks like it might be a bug with your computer/internet browser. Make sure that you have web scripting turned on and if that doesn't work would you mind letting me know what internet browser you are using as I might have an idea of finding out what is actually happening. I can view that page so I imagine that you are being directed to the wrong place.
Both teachers-"No don't"

w00d

HI tfo

I was able to DL it with Chrome, unclear why Firefox did nto like it, we have the same ad blockers on both browsers, am a paid premium user for Nexus mods etc /shrug

cheers, thanks for the mod , looking forward to your additions

The_Fallen_One

Quote from: w00d on April 20, 2016, 11:36:28 AM
HI tfo

I was able to DL it with Chrome, unclear why Firefox did nto like it, we have the same ad blockers on both browsers, am a paid premium user for Nexus mods etc /shrug

cheers, thanks for the mod , looking forward to your additions

No problem glad I could help
Both teachers-"No don't"

Hexatron

I currently have the problem that mad animals and raiders are just walking through the reinforced doors, as if they are not even there. I have to use the normal doors the game coems with, to prevent any "evil" guys from going through them.

Not sure if this is a bug, of if this problem was caused cause i am using other mods as well? (none of them adds more doors or walls from what i can tell though).

Any pointers or help would be highly appreciated.

When it comes to suggestions: how about some reinforced embrasures to go with all those nice reinforced walls?

The_Fallen_One

Quote from: Hexatron on May 26, 2016, 02:54:32 PM
I currently have the problem that mad animals and raiders are just walking through the reinforced doors, as if they are not even there. I have to use the normal doors the game coems with, to prevent any "evil" guys from going through them.

Not sure if this is a bug, of if this problem was caused cause i am using other mods as well? (none of them adds more doors or walls from what i can tell though).

Any pointers or help would be highly appreciated.

When it comes to suggestions: how about some reinforced embrasures to go with all those nice reinforced walls?

I am unsure of what is causing this. It may be that the copy of the mod that you have is corrupted in some way. Try re-downloading the mod to see if it fixes the problem, or make sure the code (get ready for daunting code section) for the door looks something like this (found under def/thindefs_buildings/Buildings fortifications (should be third sub-section)
    <!--========================= Reinforced Doors =============================-->

<ThingDef ParentName="BuildingBase" Name="ReinDoorBase" Abstract="True">
    <thingClass>Building_Door</thingClass>
    <blueprintClass>Blueprint_Door</blueprintClass>
    <category>Building</category>
    <blueprintGraphicData>
      <texPath>Things/Building/Door/Door_Blueprint</texPath>
    </blueprintGraphicData>
    <altitudeLayer>DoorMoveable</altitudeLayer>
    <fillPercent>1</fillPercent>
    <useHitPoints>true</useHitPoints>
    <stuffCategories>
      <li>Metallic</li>
      <li>Woody</li>
      <li>Stony</li>
    </stuffCategories>
    <statBases>
      <MaxHitPoints>1250</MaxHitPoints>
      <Flammability>1.0</Flammability>
    </statBases>
    <leaveResourcesWhenKilled>false</leaveResourcesWhenKilled>
    <selectable>true</selectable>
    <tickerType>Normal</tickerType>
    <rotatable>false</rotatable>
    <soundImpactDefault>BulletImpactMetal</soundImpactDefault>
    <terrainAffordanceNeeded>Light</terrainAffordanceNeeded>
    <designationCategory>Structure</designationCategory>
    <holdsRoof>true</holdsRoof>
    <staticSunShadowHeight>1.0</staticSunShadowHeight>
    <blockLight>true</blockLight>
    <drawerType>RealtimeOnly</drawerType>
    <building>
      <soundDoorOpenPowered>DoorOpenPowered</soundDoorOpenPowered>
      <soundDoorClosePowered>DoorClosePowered</soundDoorClosePowered>
      <soundDoorOpenManual>DoorOpenManual</soundDoorOpenManual>
      <soundDoorCloseManual>DoorCloseManual</soundDoorCloseManual>
      <ignoreNeedsPower>true</ignoreNeedsPower>
      <canPlaceOverWall>true</canPlaceOverWall>
    </building>
    <comps>
      <li>
        <compClass>CompForbiddable</compClass>
      </li>
    </comps>
  </ThingDef>

<ThingDef ParentName="ReinDoorBase">
    <defName>ReinDoor</defName>
    <label>Reinforced door</label>
    <description>Divides rooms. Must be manually opened and closed, which slows people down. This is a heavily fortified version to slow raiders.</description>
    <statBases>
      <WorkToMake>150</WorkToMake>
    </statBases>
    <graphicData>
      <texPath>Things/Building/Door/DoorSimple_Mover</texPath>
      <graphicClass>Graphic_Single</graphicClass>
    </graphicData>
    <uiIconPath>Things/Building/Door/DoorSimple_MenuIcon</uiIconPath>
    <costStuffCount>75</costStuffCount>
    <designationHotKey>Z</designationHotKey>
   <researchPrerequisites><li>Advanced_security</li></researchPrerequisites>
  </ThingDef>

<ThingDef ParentName="ReinDoorBase">
    <defName>ReinAutodoor</defName>
    <label>Reinforced autodoor</label>
    <description>Divides rooms. Powered operation allows people to move through the door without slowing down. This is a heavily fortified version to slow raiders.</description>
    <statBases>
      <WorkToMake>2100</WorkToMake>
    </statBases>
    <graphicData>
      <texPath>Things/Building/Door/Autodoor_Mover</texPath>
    </graphicData>
    <uiIconPath>Things/Building/Door/Autodoor_MenuIcon</uiIconPath>
    <costList>
      <Steel>80</Steel>
    </costList>
    <costStuffCount>75</costStuffCount>
    <comps>
      <li Class="CompProperties_Power">
        <compClass>CompPowerTrader</compClass>
        <basePowerConsumption>100</basePowerConsumption>
      </li>
    </comps>
    <designationHotKey>C</designationHotKey>
   <researchPrerequisites><li>Advanced_security</li></researchPrerequisites>
  </ThingDef>

If this doesn't help you might have to look into any ways mods could be conflicting but I find it unlikely that there would be a conflict if the aren't using custom doors. If you are still having problems feel free to ask me for help.

As for the embrasures, they are being released in the next update already as long as everything goes to plan.
Both teachers-"No don't"

Hexatron

It was exactly that... and they would just walk through them. I did compare it to the doors from the core mod, and i found something else. I added this, and now it seems to work.

What i did was adding the following "damageData" lines in the graphicData area, like the core mod had it with its doors:

<graphicData>
<damageData>
  <rect>(0,0.1,1,0.8)</rect>
</damageData>
    </graphicData>

The_Fallen_One

Quote from: Hexatron on May 27, 2016, 12:41:36 PM
It was exactly that... and they would just walk through them. I did compare it to the doors from the core mod, and i found something else. I added this, and now it seems to work.

What i did was adding the following "damageData" lines in the graphicData area, like the core mod had it with its doors:

<graphicData>
<damageData>
  <rect>(0,0.1,1,0.8)</rect>
</damageData>
    </graphicData>

That must have been caused by a conflict in some way then because I didn't have any problems with it when I was testing. I'll add this in to make sure that similar problems don't occur in the future.
Both teachers-"No don't"

DFC

I tried adding the damage data but it still doesn't seem to work. Rooms are not divided by the doors

The_Fallen_One

Quote from: DFC on June 01, 2016, 11:54:55 AM
I tried adding the damage data but it still doesn't seem to work. Rooms are not divided by the doors

I'm guessing you have the same problem as well then?
Both teachers-"No don't"

Yawinsum

I'm not sure if this is a bug or some kind of conflict with another mod I have but the Reinforced walls don't seem to actually support roofs at all.  Man-made and rock roofs both collapse if you make the room wide enough.  Also, if I restrict a Reinforced Door from being used, Colonists can still go through it.  I have tried redownloading the mod but that doesn't seem to work.  If necessary I can provide a list of the mods I'm running or the xml files themselves.

The_Fallen_One

Quote from: Yawinsum on June 13, 2016, 03:19:56 AM
I'm not sure if this is a bug or some kind of conflict with another mod I have but the Reinforced walls don't seem to actually support roofs at all.  Man-made and rock roofs both collapse if you make the room wide enough.  Also, if I restrict a Reinforced Door from being used, Colonists can still go through it.  I have tried redownloading the mod but that doesn't seem to work.  If necessary I can provide a list of the mods I'm running or the xml files themselves.

Roofs collapsing is a standard game mechanic, it happens when the ceiling is unsupported ie. too far away from a wall. To fix this, add small peices of wall periodically to make sure all of the roof is supported. As for the restrict not working, that is something I will look into because I have not noticed this before. I will get back to you when I have a chance to check it out.
Both teachers-"No don't"

Yawinsum

Quote from: The_Fallen_One on June 13, 2016, 08:46:44 AM
Quote from: Yawinsum on June 13, 2016, 03:19:56 AM

Roofs collapsing is a standard game mechanic, it happens when the ceiling is unsupported ie. too far away from a wall. To fix this, add small peices of wall periodically to make sure all of the roof is supported. As for the restrict not working, that is something I will look into because I have not noticed this before. I will get back to you when I have a chance to check it out.

I just meant that the bug might be that the Reinforced Walls aren't actually supporting roofs.  I have a mod that tells me the range of support a section of wall gives and when I click on a Reinforced wall it doesn't show anything.